Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Walker didn't last very long in OKC. :amazed:

from tsn.ca:

Kemba Walker is going home.

The Athletic's Shams Charania reports the veteran point guard and Bronx native with sign with the New York Knicks once his buyout from the Oklahoma City Thunder is finalized.

Walker, 31, was traded to the Thunder, alongside two first-round picks from the Boston Celtics in June in a deal that saw Al Horford return to the Celtics.

A product of Connecticut, Walker is headed into his 11th NBA season. Originally taken with the ninth overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, Walker spent the first eight seasons of his career with the Charlotte Hornets before playing the last two in Boston.

In 43 games last season, the four-time All-Star averaged 19.9 points on .420 shooting with 4.9 assists and 4.0 boards over 31.8 minutes a night.

EDIT: CDJ beat me to it.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Westbrook to LA deal has now become a 5-team trade. :amazed:

To LA: Russell Westbrook ( from Washington )

To Washington: Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Montrzel Harrel ( from LA ), 31st overall pick in 2021 NBA Draft - Isaiah Todd ( from Indiana via Milwaukee ) and Aaron Holiday ( from Indiana ) and Spencer Dinwiddle ( from Brooklyn )

To Brooklyn: 2024 and 2025 2nd round picks and an $11.5 million trade exception ( from Washington )

To Indiana: 21st overall pick in 2021 NBA Draft - Isaiah Jackson ( from Washington via LA )

To San Antonio: Chandler Hutchison and a 2022 2nd round pick ( from Washington )

ESPN explains the complicated trade: Sources: Wiz to get Dinwiddie in sign-and-trade

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The Wizards are now the most average team in the history of average

I actually don’t hate it as much for them now though as I did initially when the trade was made. Ya Westbrook is great but he’s aging and I imagine he’d leave there as soon as he could anyway.

At least now they get Dinwiddie too and have a chance to develop an additional draft pick (which I’m sure they’ll f*** up, but hey it’s good in theory) and Holiday could be a decent piece to rotate.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I actually don’t hate it as much for them now though as I did initially when the trade was made. Ya Westbrook is great but he’s aging and I imagine he’d leave there as soon as he could anyway.

At least now they get Dinwiddie too and have a chance to develop an additional draft pick (which I’m sure they’ll f*** up, but hey it’s good in theory) and Holiday could be a decent piece to rotate.

Oh they’ll make the playoffs this season IMO. Could even win a round. I don’t see much of a ceiling unless Avidja develops big time though…which can definitely happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad