OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
that would be inciteful except for the fact that the PP was garbage last year without Reirden too...

:laugh: Watching the Pens PP does make me want to do something violent to the TV. [I know what you meant; just couldn't pass that one up].

Reactions: Andy99

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Wasn't petts traded from a 'big heavy gritty' style team?

Guy is paper thin.

Not saying what you're saying is wrong... I just dont think he'll survive a hexy cleaning house.

Thats is no where near why petts was traded tho lol. The ducks were loaded on Dmen.

He was behind
Fowler
Lindholm
Manson
Montour

And the ducks had guys like Mahura and Larsson who they were high on.

The ducks were goal starved and thought they were getting a future top six forward in Sprong. That was a pure move from strength to address and area of weakness. Again Petts is exactly what Hextall will want. A young top 4 dmen that will be here throughout the retool and into the rebuild.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I like how someone said that Petts and Dumo were the most defensively minded guys on the pens defense

That... Is scary.. Weren't they supposed to be smart puck movers???????

?? Dumo was never considered a great puck mover at any point lol. Petts was consider a smart positional dmen with some offensive potential. He was always geared more the defense too. So no they were never consider to be puck movers first.

Reactions: Gurglesons

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Thats is no where near why petts was traded tho lol. The ducks were loaded on Dmen.

He was behind
Fowler
Lindholm
Manson
Montour

And the ducks had guys like Mahura and Larsson who they were high on.

The ducks were goal starved and thought they were getting a future top six forward in Sprong. That was a pure move from strength to address and area of weakness. Again Petts is exactly what Hextall will want. A young top 4 dmen that will be here throughout the retool and into the rebuild.

Just have to wait and see I guess.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Imagine thinking Mark Jankowski is a good option on the power play.
He's essentially there as a face off man and a net front presence. If McCann was healthy he would be there because he sorta can play C. It is possible that they would just try to do what they did last game and have Jank on for the face off and then change him out as soon as possible.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
?? Dumo was never considered a great puck mover at any point lol. Petts was consider a smart positional dmen with some offensive potential. He was always geared more the defense too. So no they were never consider to be puck movers first.
Yeah I always thought of them as safe, stay at home D men who can move the puck well enough, but weren't going to drive a lot of offense from a break out

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
that would be inciteful except for the fact that the PP was garbage last year without Reirden too...
We are 24th in the league right now; we were like 13th last year.

That’s a steep decline.

Todd the weirdo sure isn’t adding much. They found a worst assistant coach for the PP than Recchi.

200.gif

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I have found the Undo and Redo buttons to do a damn good job at recovering those errors

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
When you’ve almost finished the GDT then you hit a button and delete the whole thing

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Happen to me for my last GDT.

Hint...Get the GDT done and then open other windows. Mine was just from going back and forth and exiting the wrong HFBOARDS page.:laugh:

That gif is incredible.:thumbu:

I have found the Undo and Redo buttons to do a damn good job at recovering those errors

Yeah, redo still has content erased... I'm not saving everything like I used too. Reasoning is my music links do not get saved to pics or gifs.

I make my GDT's and post them and get the Mod's to lock them up now.

Since the changeover, pics and stuff don't stay in typed format anymore.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Can you give some highlights I don’t have a subscription.

he’s in charge of the sinking PP, the defense with all the injuries and the MM reclamation project...all not good so far...here’s TR on the PP:

It’s a work in progress for sure,” Reirden admitted. “It’s a job I relish and cherish, especially in Pittsburgh. But certainly, I expect higher results from our team, based on the standard that the Pittsburgh Penguins have established here in the National Hockey League.”

after discussing all the issues with the D core, the article states:

“It’s early, still. Too early to fairly assess Reirden’s success. After all, he’s only had a chance to work in a hands-on environment with players for about six weeks. But the progress the Penguins make, both individually and collectively, in these areas are well worth watching.”

It concludes that his work this season will determine the Pens outcome and there’s a ubiquitous quote from Sullivan about how he’s a really good coach who’s made the coaching staff better...lol

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hopefully they both will be gone after this season. It is too early criticize Reirden for the defense since they’ve been injured, but the players on the PP have been healthy, and he’s had sufficient time to make adjustment and improve the unit, but it’s a joke.

I imagine trying to fix Matheson would be a full-time job. Hire a third assistant (like a normal team) to only handle the power play, clearly Todd is incapable. Maybe he is spread too thin or he just sucks...

Again, is it just a coincidence that the Caps’ PP is leading the league since dumbo Reirden was fired while we sink more and more? The Caps were nowhere near the top PP last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad