OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol...that wasn’t COVID...that was the pandemic known as Sullivan...

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He makes 75k less. They both make 4 million.
Petts isn't going to be what hex/burke are looking for...

Point is he still makes less. Still you skip the he's better, younger and signed longer than dump. What do you think they are going to be looking for? If anything Petts is exactly what they are looking to keep while Dumoulin is exactly who they look to ship out. You don't ship out a 24 yr old dmen when you are looking to retool and build.

Our two best defensive minded dmen right now are Dumo and Petts. Moving forward Petts is the right choice since Dumoulin has struggle for the past year while Petts continues to progress.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I love oatmeal.

I am indifferent to ZAR.

Me to, as long as ZAR is in the bottom lines I don't mind him. Nothing special but doesn't hurt you either. The ZAR-Blueger-Tanev line was a very good shut down line that had 2/3 defensive zone starts against the other teams best forwards and did a very effective job in that role.

This year I want more offense from that line and that is why I prefer McCann-Blueger-Tanev instead but in some game situations I wouldn't mind that line come out with ZAR for important defensive zone draws.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Judging by what they’ve done so far I’d think Ceci sits and Matheson moves to RD.

POJ - Letang
Dumo - Marino
Petts - Matheson

POJ isnt staying up top. He will regress some and Dumo will be with Letang. I like POJ a lot but come later in the season they won't put him on the top pairing when pressure is up right away nor should they.

Dumo - Letang
Petts - Marino
POJ/Matheson - Matheson/Ruh

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Point is he still makes less. Still you skip the he's better, younger and signed longer than dump. What do you think they are going to be looking for? If anything Petts is exactly what they are looking to keep while Dumoulin is exactly who they look to ship out. You don't ship out a 24 yr old dmen when you are looking to retool and build.

Our two best defensive minded dmen right now are Dumo and Petts. Moving forward Petts is the right choice since Dumoulin has struggle for the past year while Petts continues to progress.

I agree and we will get a chance to see the defense without Dumoulin and know exactly if he is needed or if we can go with the younger LD's instead. It will be interesting who plays in what pairings when Pettersson gets back soon. Does POJ stay with Letang or does Pettersson get that spot?

POJ-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Petterson-Ceci

I think those LD's can go in many places. Pettersson could be on any of those pairings and so could POJ. Matheson is either 2nd or 3rd pairing because I don't see him playing with Letang having two river boat gamblers on the same pairing. If those 6 play well together before Dumoulin gets back then I could see them keeping the 26 and under defensman over Dumoulin if the right deal is offered for Dumoulin. It all comes down to how the pairings gel in his absence.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I agree and we will get a chance to see the defense without Dumoulin and know exactly if he is needed or if we can go with the younger LD's instead. It will be interesting who plays in what pairings when Pettersson gets back soon. Does POJ stay with Letang or does Pettersson get that spot?

POJ-Letang
Matheson-Marino
Petterson-Ceci

I think those LD's can go in many places. Pettersson could be on any of those pairings and so could POJ. Matheson is either 2nd or 3rd pairing because I don't see him playing with Letang having two river boat gamblers on the same pairing. If those 6 play well together before Dumoulin gets back then I could see them keeping the 26 and under defensman over Dumoulin if the right deal is offered for Dumoulin.

Petterson-Letang
Matheson-Marino
POJ-Ceci/Ruh

I think the most sense is to run this with POJ getting some shift with Letang and Marino. Petts is going to have to prove he can step up and eat minutes before you move dumo. Let POJ play his game and dont force him into a role he might now be ready for.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We have an injury thread again?

Hasn't been the same without degenx =/

I spoke to her about a month or so ago (email). She said she’s doing ok considering the state of the world. She reads up occasionally on what crap we are spewing here. (My words not hers :laugh:)

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
POJ isnt staying up top. He will regress some and Dumo will be with Letang. I like POJ a lot but come later in the season they won't put him on the top pairing when pressure is up right away nor should they.

Dumo - Letang
Petts - Marino
POJ/Matheson - Matheson/Ruh

It will be interesting how it turns out. I think it will work itself out and then the Pens will make the right choices after seeing this group over the next several games before the deadline.

Reactions: Darren McCord

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Petterson-Letang
Matheson-Marino
POJ-Ceci/Ruh

I think the most sense is to run this with POJ getting some shift with Letang and Marino. Petts is going to have to prove he can step up and eat minutes before you move dumo. Let POJ play his game and dont force him into a role he might now be ready for.

I agree but like I said they will have time for all these pairings to figure out what works best and if they can hold up without Dumoulin or better yet excel. If they can't you keep Dumoulin.

Reactions: Darren McCord

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Wasn't petts traded from a 'big heavy gritty' style team?

Guy is paper thin.

Not saying what you're saying is wrong... I just dont think he'll survive a hexy cleaning house.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I like how someone said that Petts and Dumo were the most defensively minded guys on the pens defense

That... Is scary.. Weren't they supposed to be smart puck movers???????

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I guess it’s just a coincidence that Washington’s power play vastly improved since they fired Reirden, while our PP is in the gutter, and he’s the PP coach.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Gurglesons

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess it’s just a coincidence that Washington’s power play vastly improved since they fired Reirden, while our PP is in the gutter, and he’s the PP coach.

that would be inciteful except for the fact that the PP was garbage last year without Reirden too...

Reactions: Al Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->