Of the 8 teams left, which SCF matchup would be a ratings flop?

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I think NYR vs. CHI would be record breaking as far as ratings in the USA, topping Boston/Van.

KingKane88

Apr 13, 2011
I think NYR vs. CHI would be record breaking as far as ratings in the USA, topping Boston/Van.

Anything with the city NewYork and the city Chicago in the same sentence with a "VS" in the middle of them is going to draw huge ratings. I would say the vast majority of us "Born and raised" Chicagoans hate the fact that we are always referred to as the "2nd" City, and NewYorkers Seem to love this. They remind me of bullies that we got to put in there place when they get too big headed.

With that said... Minny vs Tampa worst ratings, mainly because of Tampa. Them warm blooded folks are more into retirement, Golf, and there Beaches. Last thing i think they want to see is a big block of ice with a bunch of guys with sticks skating on it! :laugh:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What were the ratings last year when it was Los Angeles vs. New York since that was two major markets in the United States.

As for the question I think for viewers in the United States and NBC it would be Anaheim vs. Tampa Bay, since it's two southern markets. However if that did happen I think the ratings in Canada would be a little better since Rogers can market it as Stamkos against Perry and Getzlaf.

powerbomb

Apr 6, 2013
My official pick on my NHL.com bracket was Anaheim vs Tampa Bay. The moment I looked at it, I grimaced and thought, "That'd be a weird matchup, ratings-wise." So that's my choice for worst matchup, with respect to ratings. On the ice I think it'd be a good contest though.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
I would say the vast majority of us "Born and raised" Chicagoans hate the fact that we are always referred to as the "2nd" City, and NewYorkers Seem to love this.

You do realize that Chicago being called the "Second City" has absolutely nothing to do with New York right? Just like it being called the "Windy City" has nothing to do with the weather. Both of those nicknames are in reference to a rather significant event in the city's history and what happened after it.

Please do some research before you talk about how us "Born and Raised" Chicago natives feel about our nicknames and our history.

KingKane88

Apr 13, 2011
You do realize that Chicago being called the "Second City" has absolutely nothing to do with New York right? Just like it being called the "Windy City" has nothing to do with the weather. Both of those nicknames are in reference to a rather significant event in the city's history and what happened after it.

Please do some research before you talk about how us "Born and Raised" Chicago natives feel about our nicknames and our history.

I studied to be a history major, my goal in life was to be a history teacher before taking a detor and deciding on opening up multiple restaraunts. Yes i understand your point, but NO one outside of Chicago takes the meaning of these "names" this way UNLESS they know Chicago history, and thats my point.

Have you ever heard an outsider refer to Chicago as the Windy City and then show footage of the wind blowing away unbrellas ect??? Thats my point. People take these "nicknames" literal, when in all reality it was NewYork politicians referring to our politics as "Windy"back in the late 1800's. Same as 2nd City. Over TIME these "nicknames" have changed meaning, and thats reality for you. If you really want to go further with this, PM me and i could teach you some awesome facts.

Anyway back to Hockey talk.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->