Speculation: Of our young D, who do you think makes the jump this year?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Do you own a time machine or something. How is it obvious? There hasn't been a minute of training camp. Seriously do own a delorain?

If I had a time machine and was using it for hockey related purposes I would've made sure Mr. And Mrs. Brown never met (this applies to either player in California whose last name is Brown :naughty:)

It's my guess. It's not fully certain but I have a pretty good feeling. What do you think will happen? Wilson stated he would be making spots open for young players.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
If I had a time machine and was using it for hockey related purposes I would've made sure Mr. And Mrs. Brown never met (this applies to either player in California whose last name is Brown :naughty:)

It's my guess. It's not fully certain but I have a pretty good feeling. What do you think will happen? Wilson stated he would be making spots open for young players.

He will likely invite a few veterans to camp like he always does and have players compete for spots. He may end up going to the FA bargain bin first for insurance.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Tennyson and Mueller get some playing time this year.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Based on the current make up of the Sharks defense I think that Abeltshauser, Mueller, Tennyson and Fedun will get the longest looks.

Of those players I think Abeltshauser is the closest to taking an actual spot in the top 6 (assuming DW and TM don't have tunnel vision & already wrote Mueller into the line up) and Fedun possibly being the #7.

If Hannan gets re-signed I think Abeltshauser (or Mueller) will be the only one to make to the jump.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
I was messing with Capgeek, we really have a limited supply of NHL defencemen right now and like 4 x 3rd/4th lines.

I'm hoping that Konrad gets the nod. And I'd like to see Hamilton get some time on the 4th line this year. Not sure how viable that is with Burish/Desjardin/Brown/Scott/McGinn/Kennedy/Torres/Sheppard et all around.

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
It would appear to me that you take hockey a bit too serious. You are a person, Mike Brown is a person, that man over there is a person.

Dustin Brown I understand.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Looks like so far:

Vlasic-Burns
?-Braun
Irwin-?

(I'm not counting Demers yet since he isn't signed.)

Assuming Demers signs, that leaves a hole either on the left side of the second pairing* or the right side of the third pairing.

I don't know enough about prospects, but my guess is that some rookie makes it. Who? I have no idea.

*Now watch DW re-sign Hannan for that spot. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad