Of 30 nhl clubs only Oilers and Devils respond to "Why should I cheer for your team"

Bending and Tending

Dec 25, 2014
U.S.A.
Why should they respond to this guy? What is the point? So he can have his 15 minutes of fame on Facebook.

To show that they care about fans? I don't think that was too difficult to figure out. Each team should have people to answer fan mail anyways. Do you really think this guy is the only one?

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
To show that they care about fans? I don't think that was too difficult to figure out. Each team should have people to answer fan mail anyways. Do you really think this guy is the only one?

No, you are absolutely right. I must have just been extra crusty this morning after my Flames got spanked so hard last night. Good for the 2 teams that did respond.:booboo:

Aceonfire*

Oilers do something classy and it turns into a bash fest again.

They should have sent a picture of McDavid instead. :laugh:

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I've written to NHL clubs when I was a kid. They respond, but not in a very timely manner.

Could just be that the devils and oilers responded the quickness. I bet more come through in time.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
^please explain.

Think of hockey at the Junior levels in Canada. I live here in the UK and work part-time in marketing with both hockey teams(british elite league), the Swedish leagues and football teams in the premier league, Championship league and League 1. Over here teams are more sensitive to their supporters--for me European supporters put most north american supporters to shame

Here is an example

I was at a couple AIK Female football games a few years ago and there were 20 guys decked out in full AIK supporters gear--I was impressed with the intense support for AIK female football--the supported ALL aspects of AIK sports and bought season tickets to all AIK teams--regardless of how good or bad they got and it was passed on from generation to generation and team recognizes this

I have more examples of how much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad