Of 30 nhl clubs only Oilers and Devils respond to "Why should I cheer for your team"

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is the same kid who did this with the nba teams? The Minnesota Timberwolves were the only one to respond. I guess only rebuilding teams have the time for this kinda nonsense.

Bathcat

Slavin is mediocre
Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
Didn't someone do this with the NBA, and the Timberwolves responded?

edit: ^^

I should read all posts.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Didn't some kid write to all the NFL teams a few months back and only Carolina responded and gave him a Luke Kuechly signed helmet? Are kids just trying this on every league?

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Why should they respond to this guy? What is the point? So he can have his 15 minutes of fame on Facebook.

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
Why should they respond to this guy? What is the point? So he can have his 15 minutes of fame on Facebook.

I know north american sports culture is more customer-like than elsewhere, but in other countries there's been tests like this conducted several times and usually they get responses from almost all teams in a particular league. Standard fan relations.

I think most pro sports clubs in europe employ people that take care of all things fans, including fan representatives. I guess this guy wanted to know how NA sports franchises compare.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Nobody cares about the Oilers outside of Edmonton

I do but then again I have family in Edmonton.

I did this in 2000 and heard back from 16 teams. Chicago was the best 1, sent me a Hat, keychain and a few other items. Back then Edmonton was the only Canadian team to not respond to me.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Very proud to see that my team responded. Though I'm not surprised, there are many stories of people writing Lou and getting a personal response. I've always felt that the Devils treat fans more like family than the larger market teams in the area.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know north american sports culture is more customer-like than elsewhere, but in other countries there's been tests like this conducted several times and usually they get responses from almost all teams in a particular league. Standard fan relations.

I think most pro sports clubs in europe employ people that take care of all things fans, including fan representatives. I guess this guy wanted to know how NA sports franchises compare.

Sports are just different on the two sides of the atlantic. In North America sports are just another form of entertainment, while in europe football clubs are a part of the community.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Tells me Oilers have way too many people on the payroll. Or it's a preprepared response that they send to people asking about the waiting lists or something like that.

Aug 21, 2014
Tells me Oilers have way too many people on the payroll. Or it's a preprepared response that they send to people asking about the waiting lists or something like that.

They had to keep MacT busy some how. :sarcasm:

In regards to OP. Pretty cool.

Cheer for the Devils. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad