Oel trade?

Englishcoyote

Jun 15, 2015
Manchester, England
I know this won't be a popular thread but in the next 12 months there is a distinct possibility that oel could be traded if he wants to move to a contender if significant progress isn't made this year..... hopefully he would want to stay but we ain't gonna lose him for nothing in two years or a considerable markdown in value at trade deadline, hopefully he will sign an extension but in case he doesn't what do we think we ask for back? Like for like number 1 d-man swap? Or a number 1 centre ?

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
That's something to worry about next year IMO. His brother just signed for Tucson, they arent planning on trading him any time soon. After a turbulent year in his personal life, I expect he doesnt want more upheaval this year. He'll still get a massive return (blue-chip young player + 1st) so a diminishing return isnt a reason to trade him this year. Whoever gives up a package for him wont be trading current top line players back, they'll need those for a run at the cup.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I know this won't be a popular thread but in the next 12 months there is a distinct possibility that oel could be traded if he wants to move to a contender if significant progress isn't made this year..... hopefully he would want to stay but we ain't gonna lose him for nothing in two years or a considerable markdown in value at trade deadline, hopefully he will sign an extension but in case he doesn't what do we think we ask for back? Like for like number 1 d-man swap? Or a number 1 centre ?

Honestly I'm not worried. Preferably he re-signs and given cap and current contracts AZ will be able to give him top $ and term.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Trade deadline the year before, with 14 months left on his contract, would be ideal time to move him. I'd expect two 1sts, an A+ prospect, a C prospect and a spare roster player. Essentially the Yandle package, but turn the 2nd into a 1st, the team's best prospect and a random other prospect. Something like PIT offering Guentzel + Pouliot + Dumoulin + two 1sts. If OEL wanted to leave, that'd get me going.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I hope not. I don't see it; even if I did, he could use a break. They could go three A's; him, Max and Brad...or just give the C to Max.

Max isn't ready. Brad? I dunno. OEL - he's ready. He has shown the room that he will stand up for his teammates any number of times last season. He's ready. As for needing a break, why? It's the idle time when loss is felt the most. The less idle time he has, the easier it will be on him.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
All depends on if the team is moving and if he wants to sign an extension next summer. If the team is out of the playoff hunt at the deadline and he's clear that he's not re-signing, then it's time to start taking offers and see if anyone offers the moon. By that time our other team needs should be much clearer.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What does an extension look like? 8 years x 7-8 mil?

There are just 7 D in the league with a cap hit above 7: Subban Weber Byfuglien Suter Letang Phaneuf Doughty.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd sign him at 8x7 today. No prob. That's just a relatively small raise from where he is at today salary wise.

Look at me spending $56 Million for someone else when I complain when the gf buys too many clothes.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
He's the new face of the franchise with Shane Doan's inevitable retirement. Do absolutely whatever it takes to keep him here. Trading him should be our absolute last resort.

Last edited:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Offer 8x8 and if he declines ship him off. He's going to get that contract no matter where he goes, so the ball is really in his court if he wants to get it in Arizona, or test the market and get it somewhere else. If he's loyal and wants to stay here, fantastic. But if he's sick of the Coyotes dumpster fire, then trade him now. His value decreases the longer we hold on to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad