Confirmed with Link: OEL to the 2018 All-Star Game

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Some of it is reputation but there's also a roster fit situation. Keller obviously deserved it more but does he deserve it more than forwards from other teams?

And since they want all teams to have someone that leaves....

Fleury is the bigger WTF. Has barely played.

Reactions: Mosby

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Confirmed with link: OEL to Tampa Bay in exchange for a reason to watch the NHL All-Star Game
tenor.gif

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I was going to pull a Mosby and put:

Confirmed with link: OEL to Tampa Bay in exchange for a reason to watch the NHL All-Star Game

Oh man, my poor heart couldn't take it!

But yea I think Keller deserves it more and it's weird MAF is on the team. Repuatation vote for sure.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
All about the team make-up..l....although one could argue if a DMan is the reason, why not Goligoski.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Blame the rules. There are only 6 spots and there 6 forwards in the Pacific far more deserving than Keller.

At least this is better than sending John Scott or Yanic Perreault :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think when you're as dreadful as we are and no one has a legitimate claim to be there, you shouldn't get a representative. It's an all star game not an all teams game. We suck and have zero guys that deserve to be there.

Reactions: Kimahri

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I think when you're as dreadful as we are and no one has a legitimate claim to be there, you shouldn't get a representative. It's an all star game not an all teams game. We suck and have zero guys that deserve to be there.
This. We live in the participation trophy era so we had to send someone. OEL has the name recognition so he goes, undeservedly.

Reactions: Murf and RemoAZ

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It just makes sense to send at least 1 player from every team. Why give a market a reason not to watch? Getting eyeballs on the ASG is hard enough.

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
It is a fun exhibition game played entirely 3 on 3. Natural positions don't matter much 3 on 3 - play is very fluid and positions are cycled. If every team has to have a representative and one player is clearly better than the rest of his club, that should be the player to go to the ASG. If that means a 7-2 or 5-4 forward to dman split, so be it. Keller should have represented AZ.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
At this rate we'll be trading him before the game so we won't have a rep again anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad