The injury bug when the Yotes go a couple games healthy:

tenor.gif

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Him and hammer together were a legit top pairing

So strange how it took a year and a half for them to develop enough chemistry to be that top pair we all had hoped for since the trade. Wonder why this happens? You see it across the league where the "best" two defensemen on the team play on different pairs. I get spreading out the talent, but that isn't always the case of why this happens.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
The hockey gods must still be smiting this team for kicking Doan to the curb. After they retire Doan's jersey everybody will start coming back from IR and push the team to the playoffs.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Anybody see a play where OEL was injured? Is it a knee?

I relooked last nights 2nd period. His last shift he looked fine. didn't deliver or take hit, or get hit with puck, or fall down awkwardly. My guess is he has been playing with pain somewhere, maybe a knee, and it could have been there for a while but started feeling worse.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I relooked last nights 2nd period. His last shift he looked fine. didn't deliver or take hit, or get hit with puck, or fall down awkwardly. My guess is he has been playing with pain somewhere, maybe a knee, and it could have been there for a while but started feeling worse.

The only thing I noticed is that after the faceoff following the goal, the was a stoppage after about 10 seconds. He stayed on the ice, but he was sort of shaking his leg a little.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Surely it's not anything too serious, he skated off okay and was reported to be walking around without a limp, so it's not like he's done an ACL.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Surely it's not anything too serious, he skated off okay and was reported to be walking around without a limp, so it's not like he's done an ACL.

I'm mainly worried it's going to be something that won't fully heal without extensive rehab/rest so if he keeps playing he'll have to play hurt the last 2-3 months. We've seen him play injured before and it was....not the best.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm mainly worried it's going to be something that won't fully heal without extensive rehab/rest so if he keeps playing he'll have to play hurt the last 2-3 months. We've seen him play injured before and it was....not the best.

Hopefully it's just a medial strain or something similar. Nothing that requires surgery, just a few weeks rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad