Confirmed with Link: OEL Signs 8 year Extension (8.25 AAV)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hope the jersey re-design leaves enough space on the right side for the captain "C". Looks better on that side than the left. Looks even better on OEL's jersey.

Reactions: Sauna

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Kevin Epp is Chayka's BFF this year....Raanta, OEL and Hjammer soon. Maybe Chayka does his buddy a solid by giving Epp client and UFA Josh Gorges a 1 year deal as 6/7 D.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Craig seems to believe it's pretty much done. Say what you will about him, but he has a good track record when he comes off fairly certain about something.
best track record in town, that's for sure.....

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Right. IIRC the Demers deal didn't happen until late in the summer because his bonus was paid out sometime in August. And we wanted Florida to pay it.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Ah. I'm in my thirties. I don't remember if we had emos in high school. Were they in the drama club?

I just went drama llama because it rhymes and I feel like I've heard it before. Don't think it has to do with the drama kids... More just drama in life. Idk... Memes are all over the place these days so I'll pretend like it's a thing!

On OEL... So excited to hear positive news on this. This was the only thing giving me any anxiety for the Yotes... Would have been a huge blow to the franchise without him imo. But if this turns out I'm excited about the years to come! I've been picturing OEL lifting a cup since I saw Ovie do it... I'd be cool with that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lol so true. Nice to have a friendly agent after Overhart and his ilk

The agent works for the player. Oftentimes they are a reflection of the temperament of those who hired them.

I doubt OEL ever wanted to leave. But now the fate of the franchise is on his shoulders.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bobby Ryan might have the worst contract in the NHL. He's 31 with 4 years left at 7.25m. He played 62 games each oh his last two seasons and averaged 29 points. What helpful player could we expect to get from Ottawa if we also agreed to take Bobby Ryan at full value? Let's assume we send them a replacement level winger like Archibald.

Bobby Ryan + Colin White for Josh Archibald? Is that worthwhile? Surely the Sens would refuse a better offer like Ryan + Stone.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad