OEL Interview

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
New interview with OEL from a local newspaper, ran it through google translate but it's pretty accurate. As to the female fan and the used underwear, urrk :amazed: Swedish players tend to be a lot blunter and less guarded in Swedish interviews which can make for some interesting insights. Original link here

TINGSRYD. He describes it himself as he has been in the reeds in the NHL.
Still, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, 24, struck målrekordet of Swedish defenders in the NHL and has been up and sniffed the prestigious award Norris Trophy.
In a long interview with the Evening Post talking Tingsryd Son of desire to win something, a future captain's role and her clothing line, which has offered unsuspected surprise.
- An older woman asked me to signal her used panties, he laughs.
Rekommendera134 Tweeta21
Fredrik Olausson, Nicklas Lidstrom and Erik Karlsson have one thing in common - they have all made 20 goals in an NHL season.
Tingsryd Son Oliver Ekman-Larsson, 24, is even a little better than that.
On 26 March this year, he pounded into his 21st goal in Arizona's victory over Buffalo and before the end of the season, he added another two goals to the new målrekordet of Swedish defenders in the NHL.
- It is great fun. A great honor and I'm very proud considering that had it before, he says when we meet a warm late summer day at home in Tingsryd.
Although subsequent World Cup was a personal success for Oliver Ekman-Larsson.
Hill scoring points in all eight games, won the Tre Kronor internal poängliga of twelve points and was selected for the World Cup's all star teams.
- It went very well last season. I got my offensive breakthrough this year. At the same time, I had been very lucky on some goal, he says humbly.
The background to Oliver Ekman-Larsson offensive breakthrough is that Arizona's points back Keith Yandle was traded away before the trade deadline.
- It was really sad to lose one of the NHL's top offensive defensemen but it benefited me. I was given more responsibility offensively and more time in powerplay.
Craving revenge
But despite the personal success is with great revenge-lust Oliver Ekman-Larsson looks ahead to the new season.
- As teams season was not approved, we should certainly not have such a season again. It has been three years without playoffs now and it is very important that we become a playoff stroke back of hockey will continue to live in Arizona.
- Now we have received many younger players who may be good at the same time it is a big step from the junior league to the NHL.
Arizona's captain Shane Doan is 38 years - can you see yourself as a captain in the future?
- I had not turned down if I received an inquiry. It had obviously been great to get the chance.
- I was early assistant captain in Leksand and the TV-Puck and now I got an "A" on his chest after the trade deadline. There is also a confidence that they are growing in.
How would you be in that role?
- I do not think I'm any great leader in the locker room, but I try mainly to lead on the ice. Then I try to be a good role model alongside and be myself. Maybe I'm not the one who set me up and screaming but I grab it when it should be done.
"Great Summer"
Oliver Ekman-Larsson went home to Tingsryd immediately after the ignominious exodus from the World Championships in May.
- It's been a great summer. I have had time to meet family and friends, and only been home in tranquility. Had to train at my own pace. I'm very happy here.
Along with Gabriel Country Forest (note: Landeskog), Victor Hedman and Magnus Pääjärvi he has also played with Peter Forsberg and Markus Naslund charitable kind Icebreakers.
- I like to do charity stuff. It is important to give back and set up for young people. I know that I appreciated it as small. I tend to be on the skating schools too.
Speaking of role models - have Tingsryd Legendary Larry Pilut, now assistant coach of the club, has been great for you?
- Yes absolutely. It's great how fast time has gone. Then I looked when he played and held him very highly, now I spend time with him in the summer and he is more an ordinary man to me.
But you are larger here now, right?
- I would not say. I think Larry is bigger than I am here.
What are the most common questions you get from children?
- Younger people tend to ask what I was running for the car and how much I earn. Slightly older are more interested in what I have been practicing as a young and how much I practice.
"I hope they were washed"
The strangest Oliver Ekman-Larsson made on the theme of idol munity, however, was a little older woman.
- I got the signal a couple using panties that a woman had bought and used from my lingerie collection. She had traveled from Arizona to Los Angeles and was waiting when we were going into the match. I hope they were washed.
Lingerie collection, which consists of caps, briefs, panties and T-shirts, the olives together with two friends.
- I have always been interested in clothes and wanted to do something at the side of hockey. It's nice to disconnect head a bit at home in the summer and have something else to focus on.
- It rolls on, there is a good level at it. When I get the money I'll donate it to children's hospitals and cancer research.
If you are not eager to make a suit collection a la Patrick Ekwall?
- We'll see, I have a bit of time. I think it's very funny costumes, and we use it a lot during the season. I think it's fun to tempt fate too, it is not so common with suits of different colors there.
Want to take the next step
Back to hockey - you need to come to a better NHL teams to gain recognition of the masses as one of the truly great Swedish NHL slopes?
- Yes and no, it is more visible in a better team that goes to the playoffs every year but it was good for my development to be a bit there in the reeds and take the time I needed. I am glad that I came to Arizona.
At the same time points out Oliver Ekman-Larsson that he wants to take the next step and not just be there.
- Now I want to win something and be able to contribute to the team to be a playoff strikes again.
Stanley Cup and the Norris Trophy, which goes to the NHL's best defenseman, looming on the horizon?
- It would be great to get the win the Stanley Cup or an Norris. It's a more personal goals. If I may be a little less humble, so I think I've been up and sniffed at the two seasons although I have not been in the greatest hockey market.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Thank you for posting, I love these awkward, unsmooth translations :)

Landeskog means "country forest?" Amazing. The Swedish phrase is "what I was running for the car" ... interesting.

What does "in the reeds" mean in Swedish? Does it mean "in the bottom / in the basement," because the team is bad ... or does it mean "remote" or "far away from the spotlight / far away from fame" because the Coyotes are not a famous team?

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
reeds as in this:

images

Sorta having to deal with all those pesky underwater roots dragging you down and remaining unseen by everyone ;)

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Sorta having to deal with all those pesky underwater roots dragging you down and remaining unseen by everyone ;)
I loved that expression. I'm not sure if he was being intentionally ironic, but even still--what a kick.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Cool that he's donating the proceeds from his clothing line to charity (if I understood the translation correctly).

On the same note, he feels he was snubbed for some Norris recognition? I'd probably agree with that. Not necessarily a win but a helluva lot better than the 17th he finished in last year's voting.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
reeds as in this:

images

I thought in the reeds was a common expression here, too, but is that only because I spent the first 30 years of my life in Florida?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad