OEL

To ARI
Kevin Hayes

To FLA
Kessel (50% retained)

To ARI
Yandle (50% retained)
& John Ludvig
OEL is already on record saying that he'll only waive for Boston and Vancouver, And Yandle wants to play on the east coast only. So i seriously doubt he has any interest in going back to Arizona.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
OEL is already on record saying that he'll only waive for Boston and Vancouver, And Yandle wants to play on the east coast only. So i seriously doubt he has any interest in going back to Arizona.
I’m sure Yandle would love to go back to Arizona if Florida doesn’t want him and made it clear that they want him gone. I doubt there’s a credible link anywhere that shows he’s only willing to play on the East coast because I’m sure it’s not true. I suspect that outside of Florida, Arizona is on his top five list.

As for OEL, I’ll just say I’ve followed the situation as closely as any other fan on earth. Nobody without an inside source is going to tell me anything I don’t already know and have accounted for. I made the thread anyway.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Ekman-Larsson for Hayes is tempting but I would softly decline due to the extra year on OEL’s contract and higher AAV.

Provorov blocks OEL on left side and having an 8.25mil cap hit for a 2nd pairing defenseman at 6 more seasons is not ideal for Philadelphia.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
For circumstances that have already changed. Last off season had very little to do with this one.
I don't think he really was serious last year. It all seem like a knee jerk reaction.
But this year, and thinking about it for a year?

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't think he really was serious last year. It all seem like a knee jerk reaction.
But this year, and thinking about it for a year?
If a second consecutive Coyotes front-office tells OEL they want him gone, while having already thrown Stepan, Hjalmarsson, Goligoski and Demers overboard, I think it gets a lot easier for OEL to move along.

There was an unimaginable amount of turmoil and uncertainty last off-season. This one is shaping up to be much more typical. And by Coyotes standards, at least somewhat stable.

There won’t be much at the actual rink keeping OEL tethered to the Coyotes. Away from the rink, he’s not married, doesn’t have kids, and spends off-seasons in Sweden anyhow.

The team’s GM has been making the rounds talking about needing changes in leadership, wanting a young coach, a young team, and requiring lots of draft capital with which to build for the future.

It’s time. I think OEL knows it’s time.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Last summer. Speculation has already begun for this summer.
First off it wasn't speculation, OEL only wanting to waive for Boston or Vancouver was very real. Supposedly Boston had no interest in him even with Krug leaving. But it's a known fact that Jim Benning was trying to clear cap for him and was just unable to do it. If there's talk about him possibly being available again this year. Perhaps he opens up to more teams.

rt

May 13, 2004
First off it wasn't speculation, OEL only wanting to waive for Boston or Vancouver was very real. Supposedly Boston had no interest in him even with Krug leaving. But it's a known fact that Jim Benning was trying to clear cap for him and was just unable to do it. If there's talk about him possibly being available again this year. Perhaps he opens up to more teams.
I don’t believe that’s correct. I believe Boston had an offer on the table, in fact.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If OEL is available, and he will only waive for Vancouver or Boston, colour me interested from Vancouver.

We can't afford much, and we'd have to send a cap dump and/or have some salary retained though.

We've got no center available of Hayes' ilk either.

So interested, but not looking for a "hockey deal", I guess.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don’t believe that’s correct. I believe Boston had an offer on the table, in fact.

Yes but not an aggressive offer.

edit: Obviously, as the deal was never done.

But my understanding is that the interest was tepid with the contract. Don’t think you will find one Bruins fan that wishes the Bruins offered enough to get AZ to give him up at this point.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I’m aware. “Speculation” is for this offseason. We shall see if he waives for more teams this summer.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yes but not an aggressive offer.

edit: Obviously, as the deal was never done.

But my understanding is that the interest was tepid with the contract. Don’t think you will find one Bruins fan that wishes the Bruins offered enough to get AZ to give him up at this point.
The last offer from the Canucks was reportedly Virtanen, Sutter, a future 1st and a 2nd. The last bid was reportedly a bid against themselves (lol-Benning) but the Bruins were in it until the night before OEL’s deadline, IIRC. Wouldn’t be surprised if DeBrusk was offered along with a 1st or 2nd or maybe a prospect like Vaakanainen or Beecher.

Anyway, I’m not asking for a significant return in this proposal, anyhow. Hayes is a contract most Philly fans seem to want out of anyway possible. I see this as bad contract for bad contract Philly gets the superior player and Arizona gets the badly needed shake-up.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The Panthers wouldn't want Kessel even if it means getting rid off Yandle's contract in the process. They'd be just introducing another incompatible player who's on a downswing of his career.

Yandle with no retention + 4th for Duclair + Luostarinen + 1st.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The Panthers wouldn't want Kessel even if it means getting rid off Yandle's contract in the process. They'd be just introducing another incompatible player who's on a downswing of his career.

Yandle with no retention + 4th for Duclair + Luostarinen + 1st.
Kessel had a good year and only has 1 year left on his deal. It's rumored Florida wants to be rid of Yandle. This seems like a reasonable way for Florida to get out of that contract while maintaining their ability to compete.

I also heard a rumor that Florida fans want to move on from Bob. OEL + Kessel + Kuemper for Yandle + Bob + Montembault + Lundell? Florida gets younger with OEL, a better goalie (if they chose to keep him) in Kuemper and shed cap space for their cup asperation. I'm sure every Coyotes fan that reads my post will hate it. Wouldn't be surprised if Florida fans weren't too keen either but it does seem like a decent way for both teams to move forward, even if AZ ultimately bombs this deal.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Kessel had a good year and only has 1 year left on his deal. It's rumored Florida wants to be rid of Yandle. This seems like a reasonable way for Florida to get out of that contract while maintaining their ability to compete.

I also heard a rumor that Florida fans want to move on from Bob. OEL + Kessel + Kuemper for Yandle + Bob + Montembault + Lundell? Florida gets younger with OEL, a better goalie (if they chose to keep him) in Kuemper and shed cap space for their cup asperation. I'm sure every Coyotes fan that reads my post will hate it. Wouldn't be surprised if Florida fans weren't too keen either but it does seem like a decent way for both teams to move forward, even if AZ ultimately bombs this deal.

I don't see Zito pulling any big trades to get rid off Yandle. Florida doesn't need any of OEL, Kessel or Kuemper, and they just have to make Bob's contract work for them. Lundell won't be moved, same goes for Knight. And there's two or three of other Cats' prospects who'd be in my list as well.

A handful of futures and miscellaneous maybes should be more than enough to get rebuilding teams interested in Yandle's contract... they'd want to keep the amount of changes to a minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->