Dreger: Oduya Scratched, Sens Working on a Trade

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
You think he's moving in 48 hours? I don't see it. Sens don't have to rush this he's not a rental. Open it up to more teams in the summer. More teams = more coming back in trade. What's the advantage to the Sens to take a rushed approach to this?
You say they don't have to rush this since he's not a rental, except if they trade him next season he is a rental. He'll have one year left.

If they trade him now a contending team gets two cracks at the Stanley Cup with Erik Karlsson on their defense instead of 1.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don't think the Penguins have that much cap space and Oduya's cap hit is $2.25 million, not $1 million.
on cap friendly it says the pens have 1.9 million and oduya's cap it 1 million. he has a bonus that could make it 2.25 million in salary not cap. he can fit under it

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Vs. In the summer when he could sign an extension with his new team. 8 years vs. 100+ games if traded this TDL.

And he couldnt resign w/his new team in the summer, after a potential playoff run w/that team, if he was traded now why?

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Anything is possible with Melnyk and his lackey. You guys might be right. I guess we'll see. It's going to be a fun few days.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Are the Senators just going to go full Marlins and trade anyone who makes any kind of money about ELC / veteran minimum levels?

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
It seems like this guy gets traded at the deadline every year, and whichever team he goes to wins the cup lol. Any playoff team should be in on this guy he's good luck. Plus he has a pretty cool last name.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lol ya sure they do, Paul Postma and Kevan Miller are the NHL caliber defenders every team is clamoring for
Obviously you have no clue on the Miller comment. Cah-Lick

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I can't see the Hawks making a move for him when they are 10 points out of a WC spot. I could see Boston, Pitts or maybe long shot the Leafs trying to add him though.
Leafs wouldnt have any interest. Too many depth players as it is. Edit-Oduya gets 250k once he hits the 65 game mark. That's what this is about. F you Melnyk.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'm starting to feel sorry for Sens fans, this team is being destroyed. Not going to be fun to watch the next couple years.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I'm starting to feel sorry for Sens fans, this team is being destroyed. Not going to be fun to watch the next couple years.

While the sentiment might be accurate... the Oduya thread isn’t the place for it. Sens fans have been wishing for Oduya to get benched and younger legs be given his slot all year long. The Sens don’t become any less fun to watch as a result of Oduya being shipped out. There’ll be a lot of things that will be against the fans’ wishes. Oduya’s ticket out of town isn’t one of them.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Dorian has probably called the Hawks 6 times and cannot understand why they dont want him back for their Cup run...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->