NFL: Odell Beckham Jr. suspended for 1 game

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Norman needs to be suspended as well, or at least heavily fined. If not for his on-field behavior, then for all his Twitter antics afterward.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
For what?

And lets not act like Norman is a inncoent party in all this either. Reader "Lebrees" correctly points out that its called a helmet-to-helmet hit for a reason- takes two to tango. Why was he wearing a helmet in the first place if he wasnt expecting to get hit in it? Sending mixed messages. I call him Josh Mormon because hes on a mission, he's led by a fraud,and as the Panthers answer to bad boy Darren Sharper, hes playing like a latter day Saint.

Well, to be fair he does make a good point

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Show me one thing he did that is suspension worthy. Just one. I'll bet you can't unless you let your Saints side show through.

"F him, he's a B"? if that's not enough.

combine that with the fact that Norman instigated the first physical altercation between the two, and depending on how you feel about this whole thing with the bats. Either way you slice it, it's clear that he's not composed himself very well.

Having said that I would lean more toward the "heavily fined" route for him, but you could definitely classify his social media comments as conduct detrimental to the league.

Don't know what the Saints have to do with any of this. I like or dislike players based on what they do, not because of what team they play for. I have never had any reason to dislike Kuechly, for instance, and I have talked of my admiration for Cam Newton here many times. Please don't make assumptions about me, thank you.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
"F him, he's a B"? if that's not enough.

combine that with the fact that Norman instigated the first physical altercation between the two, and depending on how you feel about this whole thing with the bats. Either way you slice it, it's clear that he's not composed himself very well.

Having said that I would lean more toward the "heavily fined" route for him, but you could definitely classify his social media comments as conduct detrimental to the league.

Don't know what the Saints have to do with any of this. I like or dislike players based on what they do, not because of what team they play for. I have never had any reason to dislike Kuechly, for instance, and I have talked of my admiration for Cam Newton here many times. Please don't make assumptions about me, thank you.

Now you're just sounding like Sports Enthusiast. In no way is that suspension-worthy. Nor is the body slam, which was flaggable, but also pretty tame.

What at all did he say on social media that would warrant any outcry of any sort? There are literally two tweets and zero words.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Think I already addressed both of those issues already, if you feel the need to keep insulting me go right on ahead. :shrug:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
a suspension for a missed 15 yard penalty isn't a suspension, a couple tweets, F him, he's a B isn't suspensdable, neither is some story about bats.

You have proof he threatened someone with a bat then it's a different story, then please post it. Holding a bat isn't that. Someone else on the team holding a bat isn't that either.

I still don't understand how you think starting it warrent a suspension. If we're playing hockey and I facewash someone and the ref doesn't give me a roughing penalty and then said person goes full Bertuzzi on me then I should get suspended to because I started it?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
a suspension for a missed 15 yard penalty isn't a suspension, a couple tweets, F him, he's a B isn't suspensdable, neither is some story about bats.

You have proof he threatened someone with a bat then it's a different story, then please post it. Holding a bat isn't that. Someone else on the team holding a bat isn't that either.

We don't know what happened with the bats. It's he said-she said at this point. We differ on the "F him he's a B", yes far worse things than that are said in the heat of the game on the field every week. But it's different when you're saying that in the media. It's absolutely fine-worthy at the very least.

I still don't understand how you think starting it warrent a suspension. If we're playing hockey and I facewash someone and the ref doesn't give me a roughing penalty and then said person goes full Bertuzzi on me then I should get suspended to because I started it?

I already said I lean toward "heavily fined" above. :shrug:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Unless you can post something proving this bat garbage then I don't think he should be fined either. Starting something isn't fine worthy, it's 15 yard penalty worthy, the ref didn't give him a penalty, tough luck.

tweeting "f him, he's a b" isn't fine worthy.

So that leaves us with the bat crap, if there's proof he threatened someone with a bat then yeah fine him, maybe even suspend him depending on how bad it might be. Holding a bat isn't threatening anyone and neither is any of his teammates holding a bat. So Until I see a legit threat then there's nothing he should be fined for.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
tweeting "f him, he's a b" isn't fine worthy.

That's your opinion. Mine differs. That's fine, it'd be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything. I just don't care for Norman acting like he's some big victim in all this, he more than played his part.

I don't even know why I'm still talking about this, I don't even care that much about it.

*Bob Richards*

#FreeOdell, otherwise our number one WR is Rueben Randle rofl.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
that's fine.

as for Norman being innocent, he isn't, he got under OBJ's skin and part of that was the physical stuff that went on that was worthy of 15 yard penalties. I said it before all of it was within the game except the blindside hit that OBJ got 1 game for. If OBJ or Norman or anyone else wants to take 15 yard penalties then that's their prerogative. Norman got a couple but it helped get in OBJ's head for 3/4 of the game so what he did is fine by me.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Thank god. In 25 years watching sports I don't think I've recalled such a selfish game from any player in any sport. He spent the whole game not giving a damn in what position he was putting the Giants in. Should of been 2 games imo.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
BS considering the Panthers players were making threats to him but whatever, Goodell gone Goodell.

When did we become a society where we hear something an automatically believe it to be true? I am amazed that with all the media covering the Joe Buck game, we're just hearing about this now from "various sources". If NFL Films captured some of this, let's see it. If Josh Norman was mic'd up as I've read a few places, let's hear it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad