Jarno Koskiranta, Tappara
Oskar Osala, Neftechimik
Juha-Pekka Haataja, Kärpät
Miika Lahti, JYP
Kristian Kuusela, Blues
Veli-Matti Savinainen, Ässät
Juhamatti Aaltonen, Rögle
Ilari Filppula, Jokerit

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/14006609/finska-truppen-till-oddset-hockey-games

nonoob12

Jun 16, 2012
I have no idea why Jalonen did not take Barkov and Nieminen in this team :help:

well this is what you get when your national team head coach gets his money from KHL. Leijonat is only his B-team now he does not watch sm liiga games anymore hi should take hot players in NT but he just looks a scoreboards nowadays.

example: ilari filppula he only has 2 points in his last 6 games and what I read has not played very good overall either.
+ taking guys like kuusela and koskiranta over barkov and nieminen is just sad :shakehead

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekk...98386/tappara-evasi-barkovin-paasyn-leijoniin
okay jari kurri said that they want take barkov but Tappara didnt let him go but Kurri didnt tell did they ask nieminen in NT too if not its probably becouse his personality hi does not sound like robot in interviews he actually talks to reporters more than just: we just play our own game let see where it takes us. :)
and usually those flashy personalities do not make in NT when was the last time when that hapenned???

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have no idea why Jalonen did not take Barkov and Nieminen in this team :help:

well this is what you get when your national team head coach gets his money from KHL. Leijonat is only his B-team now he does not watch sm liiga games anymore hi should take hot players in NT but he just looks a scoreboards nowadays.

example: ilari filppula he only has 2 points in his last 6 games and what I read has not played very good overall either.
+ taking guys like kuusela and koskiranta over barkov and nieminen is just sad :shakehead

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekk...98386/tappara-evasi-barkovin-paasyn-leijoniin
okay jari kurri said that they want take barkov but Tappara didnt let him go but Kurri didnt tell did they ask nieminen in NT too if not its probably becouse his personality hi does not sound like robot in interviews he actually talks to reporters more than just: we just play our own game let see where it takes us. :)
and usually those flashy personalities do not make in NT when was the last time when that hapenned???

Filppula's played injured ever since after the Christmas break. I don't understand why he was even picked for this tournament, he needs to rest his knee.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
According to Kurri, they had Barkov in sights, but Tappara asked 'em to give him a rest.

A good call, IMO. He's been under heavy load, and there's still games left on spring.

As to Nemo, it's merely a rumor, but I heard somewhere that he's been systematically refusing these calls in the last couple of years.

One name I hate not seeing there is Pulkkinen. He's been in decent form lately, and we really should turn every stone for potential scorers.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
According to Kurri, they had Barkov in sights, but Tappara asked 'em to give him a rest.

A good call, IMO. He's been under heavy load, and there's still games left on spring.

As to Nemo, it's merely a rumor, but I heard somewhere that he's been systematically refusing these calls in the last couple of years.

One name I hate not seeing there is Pulkkinen. He's been in decent form lately, and we really should turn every stone for potential scorers.

I haven't heard anything about Nemo refusing the calls, I've only heard him saying he's always interested in the NT. Is he in Jalonen's doghouse or something?

I don't understand why Pulkkinen isn't there, either. Why wasn't he picked now when he finally deserves it again?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I haven't heard anything about Nemo refusing the calls, I've only heard him saying he's always interested in the NT. Is he in Jalonen's doghouse or something?
Beats me. But he has never been in the NT during Jalonen's tenure, so it's hard to imagine JJ just developing a dislike towards him out of the blue.

That being said, the man's NT career is just strange. I mean, he's a two-time olympian and was in the World Cup as well, but has not played in a single WHC.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Was just coming to post the same.

Such is the nature of rumors. Sometimes they turn out to be true, sometimes not.

I'd definitely be interested to see as well what Nemo could bring to the NT.

Fredde

Feb 1, 2013
To bad, was hoping for Barkov or/and Teräväinen to play in this tournament. I think that would have been a great experience for them to play a couple of games with the NT.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Nieminen said to YLE that hes always interested for playing in national team but nobody from NT has not take any contact to him.:cry:
So reason must be really bad scouting or they just dont like him.
http://yle.fi/urheilu/liigakonkari_leijona-paitaan_palaamisesta_kiinnostaa_aina/6476017

i hope that it is just bad scouting becouse i really want to see Nieminen and Barkov in WC at Finlands third line.:nod:

This could play a part in why he hasn't been contacted: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/mmkiekko/art-1288390145345.html

That kind of criticism isn't going to win him any points with Jalonen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad