Odd Man Out

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Foligno has underwhelmed my expectations TBH, I thought he was a steamroller, he looks more like a mouse in a maze.

Galchenyuk while not putting up huge points, works his ass off and since he joined that 2nd line, they have been on fire. I'm not sure of Galy out and Foligno in is an upgrade.

The only thing I would say on that, is that Galchenyuk is a liability defensively. He's put forth a good effort, and has worked his ass off, no question there. It's the playoffs though... Hey, let's move some guys in and out, and see what happens. Galchenyuk is really only useful on the second line though, put him lower in the lineup, and he's useless.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

One of the best sound bites haha

Great thing about Wayner is he will ask you if you want to fight .. he does not just jump Tom and knock him out .. he even gives Tom da 1st shot .. same with Chiarot .. it is purely about power of his fist .. he has jaw breaking power .. most guys just don't have that power even Foligno does not have it .. Chara Reaves Wayner these guys can hurt you

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The only thing I would say on that, is that Galchenyuk is a liability defensively. He's put forth a good effort, and has worked his ass off, no question there. It's the playoffs though... Hey, let's move some guys in and out, and see what happens. Galchenyuk is really only useful on the second line though, put him lower in the lineup, and he's useless.

Agreed he's a top 6 or bust type player, he looked like a guy who was playing for his NHL contract. If no one else offers him a contract next year, I could see him coming back on a one year min contract

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
They need to fit Marner and Matthews with titanium body armor, especially for their backs. Cowards way of hurting people, like shooting someone in the back, but not unexpected knowing what team it's coming from.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I think the fact it's his old team helps Galchenyuk's case.

That's my logic, along with some decent chemistry on that line that has performed better.

The downside is that I'd like Hyman on the top line. If they play Foligno on the first, Tally on second and Hyman on the third, that's a good balance.

All up to Keefe. He has plenty of options.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Love Galchenyuk’s offensive effort and he’s made strides on the forecheck, but I really see his future in tearing up the AHL or in Europe. The NHL game is too fast for him defensively and he just can’t think through it quick enough. He has to take short cuts and it leads to penalties.

He is a liability in the playoffs with even Brooks offering the same offensive upside as Galchenyuk does, with less ice time and worse players.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad