Post-Game Talk: October 5, 2013| Flyers 1 at Canadiens 4

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Ya it sure is sad how emotional we get when listening to these guys make the same excuses over and over, so depressing. Cause deep down we all know nothing will change till another season is lost.

i'm not sure how you could say that. the Flyers have gone through massive personal changes throughout the years.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
I am so glad that we didn't tank last year...look at all the benefits we reaped :sarcasm::rant:

2 pts from having Ristolainen instead of Morin.

At least the Phillies got the tank right and ended the season on a losing note ended up with the 7th pick in the draft when they were in the 12th position with 2 weeks left in the season.

Risto's getting some decent ice time in Buffalo having made the opening day roster.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This was said a thousand times last season. He was a ppg player but people were constantly asking why he's so invisible. People went as far as to question his being named captain (myself included). His recent play is not a new, he only plays with heart for a couple shifts a game.

He never should have been named captain. Nothing against him as a player or a person...but it is a large and unnecessary distraction to give a young player like him at his point in his career (especially in this city). I think he puts too much pressure on himself now and when the team is losing, it really affects his play. Some shifts you can tell he feels like he has to do it all, and it leads to nothing.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Especially when Mez has played as our 3D for the last two games! 20~ mins in both. WTH is Lavi thinking.

He's living in the past. We saw that with Briere. Remember Lavi putting Briere out down a goal in the closing minutes. Lavi doesn't reward hard/good play he rewards the vets. Another reason Couts and Schenn don't stand a chance here, they'll both be called busts after disappointing yrs.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can't, and I was a Lavy supporter! even backed him in the Richards Carter fiasco. I ask you as well, name one positive with Lavy , and where does he belong then , under good or bad ?

It's fine if people want him to be fired, but enough is enough. People are just so annoying with all the anti-Lavi ****. People are even blaming the guy for **** he has absolutely no control over. It's just pathetic at this point.

Personally I don't know if firing him solves all our problems, especially since there aren't any good replacements right now. Would it probably help? Sure, but I don't need to read it in 99.9% of comments.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
The D cannot generate anything when the puck is on their stick. Painful to watch.

The O had no flow whatsoever and lacked scoring chances.

Emery and Rinaldo were the only Flyers who stood out.

Last edited:

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Looks like the post-game guys and especially Laviolette are under the impression the constant PK going on is the reason for the loss. Let's ignore the basic poor defensive coverage, zero ES production, zero PP production, and playing Jay Rosehill for two and a half minutes.

Hahahh called it..

i knew Lavi would pull the "to many Pk" card.. no mention of the utter disaster the ES hockey was...

typical indeed..:cry:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
i'm not sure how you could say that. the Flyers have gone through massive personal changes throughout the years.

At the ice-level yes. We've only had two coaches, the same GM, and the same methodology for forming a team throughout that whole time though. Still don't have a goalie and still give up on young players too early and still have no prospect system nor have developed a quality home-grown D in a long time.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
We have some serious weak sisters on here........Game 1 our club played quite well overall, drew 7 penalties, had 30 shots on goal and Toronto's goalie played a helluva game.......

Game 2 we tie the game 1 to 1 near the end of the 1st and then lost that momentum due to a terrible call by the ref which took the tying goal and any momentum away. Team started pressing after that and then a few more HORRIBLE calls, one on Emery ? One on Grossman which just fed the fire and things snow balled.......

Could we have played better ? Of course.

Game 3 tomorrow...............drop the puck !

you forgot:

Game 50 tomorrow...drop the puck... still waiting for season to turn around..:shakehead

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It's fine if people want him to be fired, but enough is enough. People are just so annoying with all the anti-Lavi ****. People are even blaming the guy for **** he has absolutely no control over. It's just pathetic at this point.

Personally I don't know if firing him solves all our problems, especially since there aren't any good replacements right now. Would it probably help? Sure, but I don't need to read it in 99.9% of comments.

You don't need to reply either.

In all fairness, what exactly are we supposed to talk about? There's not much good here and the good there is is overshadowed by the bad and waste. Laviolette and Homer are the biggest roots of our problems as well so it's natural to talk about them most.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
2 pts from having Ristolainen instead of Morin.

At least the Phillies got the tank right and ended the season on a losing note ended up with the 7th pick in the draft when they were in the 12th position with 2 weeks left in the season.

Risto's getting some decent ice time in Buffalo having made the opening day roster.

Flyers would have taken Morin anyway...look at their draft board.

Mez with 20 minutes for the second game in a row :laugh:

So bad

Obviously building a trade market for him...lol.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

We have in the last few years, and things appear to be getting worse. CBC said I beleive Lavy is now the 3rd longest Flyers coach ? How is firing him gonna make things worse ? Waiting to game 10 in today's 3 point games is too late to recover. Most of us wanted he gone with Bryz and it looks like we were right.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
12 min toi for Luke Schenn in a game in which there was 9 penalties
Yeah, that's ridiculous. He didn't look great with the puck, but still better than Coburn. Schenn is too important to this team going forward to be playing so little, especially on the PK.

Last game at least the PP was dangerous, even if it only produced one goal. Today, it really looked like they were just ad-libbing it out there. Terrible all around.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
We have in the last few years, and things appear to be getting worse. CBC said I beleive Lavy is now the 3rd longest Flyers coach ? How is firing him gonna make things worse ? Waiting to game 10 in today's 3 point games is too late to recover. Most of us wanted he gone with Bryz and it looks like we were right.

I thought he was 2nd behind Shero

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos

You are worried about 3 point games during the 1st week of the season. wth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->