Post-Game Talk: October 5, 2013| Flyers 1 at Canadiens 4

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I hate to say but that 90 point season was a fluke. He's more like a 70-80 point player.

I'm not sure, I think he could be that guy. Baffles me tho a guy that missed most of training camp and needs a little extra time get his timing back, why take away the player that he has the most chemistry with ?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The Good: Nothing of importance.
The Bad: Our captain isn't the player people here think he is (myself included).
The Ugly: Lavi & Homer are still here.

I'll be amazed if Lavi is still here after game 5.

I too am worried g is not what we think. He has proven he is not a dominant player or really even a Zetts like player. Yet he is payed like a top 3 player in the league.

Sooner lavi goes we can rebound

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
The Good: Vinny, Emery kept it a lot closer than it should've been
The Bad: Officals (far down the blame list but killed momentum multiple times without giving the Flyers any back)
The Ugly: Third Line (Couturier, Talbot terrible), Schenn letting a fourth line goon take him off the ice for 5 mins in the third

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Giroux is, at the very least, a PPG player. He's never been a guy who could break 100 points and if you ever thought that you were too high with him to begin with.

Down years happen and bad coaches happen so that's not indicative of his talent level and true output.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not a 90-100 point player like people are always claiming him to be.

Yeah, he might settle into being an 80 point guy. But don't forget how slow he started last year and still ended up at a PPG.

But in this system of zero ES scoring he'll be lucky to crack 65.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Funnily enough, the team we're in competition with for worst in the league in my opinion (Buffalo) also lost 4-1. To Pittsburgh.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Meanwhile, the Leafs are 3-0 after beating Ottawa in the shootout. Living here is going to be unbearable this year but they are a fun team to watch. Excuse me while I puke after saying that. Lupul and JvR? One goal each.

Yep, because JVR was not producing for us, only pacing for 46 points in his last year here while playing 15.10 a game... 9th among our forwards that year and less than Max Talbot.

And he will get 60 this year.

The same will happen with Couts and Schenn if they get traded...

Interestingly enough Schenn was on 46 point pace last year playing almost exactly the same minutes JVR did when he was here.

I actually liked the JVR trade and still do though, Luke Schenn has excelled here.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Looks like the post-game guys and especially Laviolette are under the impression the constant PK going on is the reason for the loss. Let's ignore the basic poor defensive coverage, zero ES production, zero PP production, and playing Jay Rosehill for two and a half minutes.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Also grossman looks very slow. Need Gus in there for him

It's crazy that Gus isn't in. Have Gus , Kimmo and Streit on separate lines, gives us some sort of puck movement. Gross and Mezz together is a disaster. That 8 mill bottom pairing that is awful.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Actually, the post-game guys made a good point. If you take away Streit or especially Lecavalier we have 0 goals in our first two games.

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
the good: read, emery (for the most part), and we'll probably take out the anger on carolina and put up a 5 spot on em.

the bad: everything else

the ugly: hybrid icing

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Even Jackson pointed out that Rosehill wasn't on in garbage time when Rinaldo & co were getting some play.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Looks like the post-game guys and especially Laviolette are under the impression the constant PK going on is the reason for the loss. Let's ignore the basic poor defensive coverage, zero ES production, zero PP production, and playing Jay Rosehill for two and a half minutes.

Ya it sure is sad how emotional we get when listening to these guys make the same excuses over and over, so depressing. Cause deep down we all know nothing will change till another season is lost.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Yep, because JVR was not producing for us, only pacing for 46 points in his last year here while playing 15.10 a game... 9th among our forwards that year and less than Max Talbot.

And he will get 60 this year.

The same will happen with Couts and Schenn if they get traded...

Interestingly enough Schenn was on 46 point pace last year playing almost exactly the same minutes JVR did when he was here.

I actually liked the JVR trade and still do though, Luke Schenn has excelled here.

I said this not too long ago but people here are gonna continue to just look at point totals and give up on the young guys who take a little longer to develop here cause if the depth. It's really frustrating.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Especially when Mez has played as our 3D for the last two games! 20~ mins in both. WTH is Lavi thinking.

I have to think they are showcasing him, but it is back firing as it is showing how much he has regressed. Mind you, with all theses other player decisions, maybe they love him ?

SgtJoseph*

We have some serious weak sisters on here........Game 1 our club played quite well overall, drew 7 penalties, had 30 shots on goal and Toronto's goalie played a helluva game.......

Game 2 we tie the game 1 to 1 near the end of the 1st and then lost that momentum due to a terrible call by the ref which took the tying goal and any momentum away. Team started pressing after that and then a few more HORRIBLE calls, one on Emery ? One on Grossman which just fed the fire and things snow balled.......

Could we have played better ? Of course.

Game 3 tomorrow...............drop the puck !

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I said this not too long ago but people here are gonna continue to just look at point totals and give up on the young guys who take a little longer to develop here cause if the depth. It's really frustrating.

Lars Eller is a good example didn't really take off until he was 23 & now looks poised for a breakout season this year at 24.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->