Post-Game Talk: October 5, 2013| Flyers 1 at Canadiens 4

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Those of you who say Read played well - what game were you watching? He did nothing with multiple opportunities and whiffed on that beauty setup from Vinny in period 2.

This guy is a third liner who's out of his depth next to #40.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Emery was good, so was Vinny. Rosehill should not be an everyday 4th liner! Holmgren has screwed up badly there.

The team overall, is lost. Snider's claim that Laviolette is a great coach and we are lucky to have him is making him look senile.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Apparently Rosehill got 0 TOI in the last ten minutes of the game because it was the same then as it is now.

2:30 TOI

For an example of what a good fourth liner can do with little ice-time and be noticeable in a good way look to Zac Rinaldo

5:15 TOI

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
And I also love how we waste a roster spot on Rosehill so he can "protect our star players"...yet our star players are the ones fighting.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I wonder if I'll read more "Flyers ran into a hot goalie" comments. Probably something that irks me the most. At some point you have to realize it's not the Flyers always running into hot goalies, but the quality of Flyers play making the goalie look hot.

Especially when it's a "hot" back-up

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
This is going to have a lot of ugly.

Anyone else wish the announcers, GM, players, coach, and reporters would just be ****ing honest about this crap?

If one of them would just come out and be like "We suck, our GM sucks, and we're sorry to you fans" that would make me feel halfway decent about this. I know it's unrealistic and won't happen but you get it. Just hate all the window dressing.

I don't expect the players etc. to say anything but I tend to watch the opposing team's broadcasts now because JJ sugarcoats everything so badly, it's like Snider is behind him with an axe over his head. Does he think we're clueless and can't see what's happening? Usually the worse they play, the more he squirms to come up with fake positives.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I challenge you to post one (1) comment that isn't crying about Lavi. Literally one. I don't think you can.

I can't, and I was a Lavy supporter! even backed him in the Richards Carter fiasco. I ask you as well, name one positive with Lavy , and where does he belong then , under good or bad ?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I don't expect the players etc. to say anything but I tend to watch the opposing team's broadcasts now because JJ sugarcoats everything so badly, it's like Snider is behind him with an axe over his head. Does he think we're clueless and can't see what's happening? Usually the worse they play, the more he squirms to come up with fake positives.

Yeah my qualms are more with the announcers but my point is it would be nice to have someone on the inside rather then just all of us fans acknowledge how bodged up everything is. It gets sickeningly tiring having announcers pretend everything is fine the whole game.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
And yes, as others have alluded to - it's fun (and necessary) to bash losers like Rosehill and Mez, but the scariest thing I've seen in games one and two is that our #1F and #1D both look very average.

If we're banking on those guys this year, it's gonna be big trouble.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Apparently Rosehill got 0 TOI in the last ten minutes of the game because it was the same then as it is now.

2:30 TOI

For an example of what a good fourth liner can do with little ice-time and be noticeable in a good way look to Zac Rinaldo

5:15 TOI
lol moen and white fight but lavi dont play rosehil :help:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
And yes, as others have alluded to - it's fun (and necessary) to bash losers like Rosehill and Mez, but the scariest thing I've seen in games one and two is that our #1F and #1D both look very average.

If we're banking on those guys this year, it's gonna be big trouble.

It's not about banking on 4th liners as it is about making poor coaching/lineup decisions and signings rather then doing everything possible to put out the best team possible.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Outside of the coaching, this is the most concerning thing for me

The thing most concerning me is that I'm enjoying watching the Leafs much more than the Flyers.

Giroux missed training camp but his biggest problem is that he's trying to do too much, he's forcing the play instead of playing.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Meanwhile, the Leafs are 3-0 after beating Ottawa in the shootout. Living here is going to be unbearable this year but they are a fun team to watch. Excuse me while I puke after saying that. Lupul and JvR? One goal each.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Those of you who say Read played well - what game were you watching? He did nothing with multiple opportunities and whiffed on that beauty setup from Vinny in period 2.

This guy is a third liner who's out of his depth next to #40.

He's one of the only forwards bringing energy. He's drawn at least three penalties already this year. He would have had a goal if not for a quick whistle. He may have not connected on other scoring chances but he'll start connecting if he keeps up the energy.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Outside of the coaching, this is the most concerning thing for me

This was said a thousand times last season. He was a ppg player but people were constantly asking why he's so invisible. People went as far as to question his being named captain (myself included). His recent play is not a new, he only plays with heart for a couple shifts a game.

This team needs a coach that will reward hard work. I don't care if Rinaldo plays 30 minutes a game, that's what gets results IMO.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Meanwhile, the Leafs are 3-0 after beating Ottawa in the shootout. Living here is going to be unbearable this year but they are a fun team to watch. Excuse me while I puke after saying that. Lupul and JvR? One goal each.

They're a well made team. Elite goal scorer in Kessel, elite (as far as young developing players go) young guy, some nice complementary scoring, a true number one D (even if he's not higher tier), and possibly the best goalie tandem in the league (though the long-term ramifications of that are yet to be seen). Very balanced lineup.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The thing most concerning me is that I'm enjoying watching the Leafs much more than the Flyers.

Giroux missed training camp but his biggest problem is that he's trying to do too much, he's forcing the play instead of playing.

I had the tv on cbc with the Leafs (couldn't find a Montreal CBC feed) and the Flyers on cbc.ca. Leafs are a fun team to watch this year, Bernier is a stud, JvR is coming out, Kessel, Lupul, Kadri are all playing great and now they have Raymond. I hate to see my friends so happy because usually, I make fun of them but this year and last, karma has been busy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad