News Article: Oct. 9 (There is no "D" in Bruins edition)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I will say again Miller, Trotman and Irwin = Scrap. Trotman played alright but not one of these guys belongs in the NHL. Miller was slow and brutal. The only thing he does well is collide with people along the boards, its not really even hitting. If the opposing player remains upright he then proceeds to take the puck from Miller with ease.

Irwin has a good shot and that is it. I tried to look on the bright side with him but other then having a good slapper the guy is horrible. He can't play in his own end, simple as that. A junior player could have done better on the Ladd goal from behind the net.

Trotman was better then expected I will give him that. He had to play with Irwin so its hard to completely blame him. I didn't see anything that makes me think this guy will have a positive impact though. He is at best a JAG...

I'm also growing frustrated with Krug. He is supposed to be a scoring defenseman, he gets chances but he doesn't capitalize. He has yet to put up over 40 pts in a season despite receiving a ton of powerplay time. He also has regressed in his own zone.

McQuaid and Morrow looked good. McQuaid won't stay healthy though, mark that down.

Miller and Irwin need to go ASAP they should be sent to Providence or jettisoned so younger guys can get a shot. I actually wish we would have kept Warsofsky over Irwin. How the hell did Kevan Miller get in the lineup over Colin. Get these stiffs out of the lineup! Don Sweeney is going to ruin Tukka Rask with this defense!!!

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Sweeney grabs two Dmen for Claude to use to start off the season, C. Miller and Irwin. C. Miller outplays Irwin in all aspects of the game for the vast majority of the pre-season. Claude starts Irwin...and that is what happens.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I will say again Miller, Trotman and Irwin = Scrap. Trotman played alright but not one of these guys belongs in the NHL. Miller was slow and brutal. The only thing he does well is collide with people along the boards, its not really even hitting. If the opposing player remains upright he then proceeds to take the puck from Miller with ease.

Irwin has a good shot and that is it. I tried to look on the bright side with him but other then having a good slapper the guy is horrible. He can't play in his own end, simple as that. A junior player could have done better on the Ladd goal from behind the net.

Trotman was better then expected I will give him that. He had to play with Irwin so its hard to completely blame him. I didn't see anything that makes me think this guy will have a positive impact though. He is at best a JAG...

I'm also growing frustrated with Krug. He is supposed to be a scoring defenseman, he gets chances but he doesn't capitalize. He has yet to put up over 40 pts in a season despite receiving a ton of powerplay time. He also has regressed in his own zone.

McQuaid and Morrow looked good. McQuaid won't stay healthy though, mark that down.

Miller and Irwin need to go ASAP they should be sent to Providence or jettisoned so younger guys can get a shot. I actually wish we would have kept Warsofsky over Irwin. How the hell did Kevan Miller get in the lineup over Colin. Get these stiffs out of the lineup! Don Sweeney is going to ruin Tukka Rask with this defense!!!

Morrow and Miller were the best pairing. Miller had the most ice time (by a lot) of the right-side defensemen. Also had the only point of night by a defenseman. Sure you were watching number 86?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00