Recalled/Assigned: Oct. 3: Scott Laughton back to juniors; Oct. 23: Kris Newbury sent to Phantoms (AHL)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What's really sad is, that with all those proven NHLers in free agency until camp opened, we ended up with Hall Gill.
Mason Raymond would've sure looked worse than Newbury...:shakehead

And yet to think, we could have had Raymond for say...$1.2 million...which is less than Laughton's Cap hit. I think that at $1.75, Talbot might be an odd man out soon. For that money, you need to be an effective 3rd liner IMO.

But personally, I think a coaching change would do this team wonders. Vinny even said that they spend more than half the practice in the offensive end. Philly is a "run and gun" team that can't score 5 on 5 and has poor defense and suspect goaltending. Could be a long year unless there is a commitment to good D.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Found this...

Frank Seravalli @DNFlyers
Free agent RW Chad LaRose's camp checked in w/ Flyers today regarding interest after Cleary fell through but Flyers are standing pat.
7:00 PM - 12 Sep 2013

I don't know what to make of that? Does he not want to play? He's 31yrs old and a decent player I'm sure a lot of teams including the Flyers would be interested. Maybe its personal reasons?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
His point totals were way down last year - 4 in 35 games. Was it injury or something else?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'm officially on the "Homer's gotta go" bandwagon if he thinks a fourth line combo of Hall/Rinaldo/Rosehill/Newbury is acceptable. Absolutely moronic to think otherwise.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Because our GM indicated it after Laughton's stint in the AHL, obviously things changed over the summer but it wasn't some unfound logic.

Unless a player is totally dominating a league, then there certainly more that he can learn. As for Homer comments, maybe him making them made Laughton a bit more complacent coming into camp. Earn their spot. Hell, even last night, did you see when Kadri was benched in the 2nd. Must be nice to have a coach who does that to the teams "better player".

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
I don't know what to make of that? Does he not want to play? He's 31yrs old and a decent player I'm sure a lot of teams including the Flyers would be interested. Maybe its personal reasons?

From that tweet it sounds as though LaRose was interested in playing for the Flyers, but the Flyers said "no thanks".

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I have been a Flyers fan since 1985. Off the top of my head, I cannot remember a potential worse 4th line than Newbury-Hall-Rosehill (with a forward out). Can anyone remember a worse one?

Yes, the DAN Line, circa '96-97.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Kordic

Dan Kordic teamed with Daniel Lacroix and Scott Daniels to form "the Dan Line", a rough-and-tumble 4th line for the Flyers. Potentially the worst line in the history of hockey.

The current line is not that bad. At least all three of them can skate. Rinaldo's fast, Hall can move a bit and so can Rosehi

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo would be a great 4th line. They need to find a way to make that happen.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Dan Kordic teamed with Daniel Lacroix and Scott Daniels to form "the Dan Line", a rough-and-tumble 4th line for the Flyers. Potentially the worst line in the history of hockey.

The current line is not that bad. At least all three of them can skate. Rinaldo's fast, Hall can move a bit and so can Rosehi

Please stop..you are bringing back the bad memories of players like Norm Lacombe, Al Conroy, Mark Pederson and Dale Kushner...:shakehead

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Dan Lacroix was one of my favorites back then. I used to always make sure he scored a ton of goals in the whatever NHL game was around during his time on the Flyers (I think 98?). But yeah that line was pretty awful.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I doubt Gagne would refuse an offer. It's not like any other team has shown interest in him.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Really?

The Flyers controlled the play 5-on-5, they forced the Leafs into giving the Flyers 7 powerplays, the defense actually looked competent as a group, they actually looked like they knew how to exit their own zone (for the first time in years), there was only one shift I can recall that the Leafs had theFlyers pinned in their own zone for more than 15 seconds... there were a lot of positives around the 'team' game last night and very few negatives.

The only team problem I saw last night was a lack of finish. There were individuals who looked poor, but that was as strong a team game as you'll see from the Flyers this year. Bury chances, win the game; fail to capitalize on chances, easy loss.

I agree with this, they actually played pretty decent. There weren't defensive breakdowns, failed clears, failure to move the puck up. The problem was finish, and that alone.
Now granted, Toronto seemed to have been gassed so the real test will come on Saturday against another 0-1 team. It'll be easier to gauge then.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 17m
Homer calls center/winger Newbury an "energy guy" who will be on 4th line but can move up the ladder.Also can play on PK. #Flyers
11:31 AM - 3 Oct 13

Reminds me of the time when Homer signed Jody Shelley and said he could possibly play on the 3rd line. :laugh: :help:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Homer calls center/winger Newbury an "energy guy" who will be on 4th line but can move up the ladder.Also can play on PK. #Flyers

Reminds me of the time when Homer signed Jody Shelley and said he could possibly play on the 3rd line. :laugh: :help:

confused-o.gif

Had to.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse

Okay...that is just ****ing hilarious!:handclap:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I'm speechless.

Come on Homer, don't tell such lies. There is no way you believe this. I really hope you don't believe this.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Found this...

Frank Seravalli @DNFlyers
Free agent RW Chad LaRose's camp checked in w/ Flyers today regarding interest after Cleary fell through but Flyers are standing pat.
7:00 PM - 12 Sep 2013

Wooo, at least he didn't disappear from the face of the Earth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad