GDT: [Oct 11] OPENING NIGHT: Jets @ Flames 8:00mt SNW

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Based on last night, guys that are the most concerned moving forward: Kadri, Sharangovich and Hanifin.

Hanifin has always been good and bad so that’s just him. Hopefully they can deal him for something.

I was expecting more from Sharangovich but based on what he is showing so far , I think nothing more than a mediocre bottom 6 if even that

Kadri is the biggest concern. It may turn out the be the wizard’s worst signing and he had plenty of bad one. Guy is mediocre with a bad attitude…. Hello James Neal.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This game would have had Darryl absolutely fuming regardless of the outcome, and I don't doubt that he would have completely killed the positive vibes that come alongside a late game win like that. Huska, while admitting they probably deserved to lose, kept things positive and upbeat with smiles throughout his post game presser. That type of approach will have a significant effect on this group over the year.

Darryl would have had these guys coming out flatter than a 90's supermodel between intermissions with the effort they put into the defensive system last night.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Darryl would make them feel like this
1697139829524.gif

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Watched from the second half if you like- we didn’t play well at all but won the game. Huberdeau and Kadri looked like 2-3 mil players. They need to improve sharpish.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Shango will be a whipping boy here. Watched enough of him in NJ. He is the kind of guy who will have a crazy game every now and then and then completely disappear. Reminds me of Lombardi to some degree tbh.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Shango will be a whipping boy here. Watched enough of him in NJ. He is the kind of guy who will have a crazy game every now and then and then completely disappear. Reminds me of Lombardi to some degree tbh.
Being inconsistent and disappearing regularly has never stopped fans here from overrating guys... Lombardi, Bennett, Ferland.... all massively overrated and shared that trait. Frankly I'm surprised David Moss wasn't a cult hero here.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
It's too bad that Oliver is having his issues. Really sucks because Oesterle wouldn't even be seeing the ice outside of some injuries... also I think it'd help Tanev not look his age :laugh: It's easy to forget about Kylington because he hasn't played in what seems forever now, but him as our 3LD would make this team infinitely better and add that extra layer of speed.

IMO Kadri looked poor last night, and Sharangovich was invisible. That line wasn't particularly good at even strength.

I thought Weegar/Zadorov looked incredible; I think that'll be our top unit most of the year. Props to big bad Zad for finding a home here and sort of living up to that draft pedigree a decade after he was taken in the first round.

Also too bad Treliving gave Valimaki away for free. Tanev seems to really thrive being paired with young defenseman. Takes the mentor role seriously.

We went from having some very solid organizational blueline depth to, well, Jordan Oesterle and Dennis Gilbert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad