Oceanic go for record tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Sidney and company will try to tie the Qmjhl's undefeated record tonight against
the Bathurst Titan in Bathurst.If successful they will have a chance to break the
record at home against Bathurst on Sunday.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
yeah, i think they would have done it no problem, their games aren't even close calls - they're winning by 3-4 goals every night. still, at the end of the day a 28 game unbeaten streak to start the playoffs ain't too shabby ;)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Le Golie said:
Not when the Wheaties throttle them.
Brandon will be a challenge, granted.

But that Q ballerina stuff... forget it.

There's a reason that league rarely wins the Cup. It's more like a Swiss league than a pre-NHL league.

I think the Oceanic streak will mean squat if it doesn't translate into something come playoff tourney time.

Vic Rattlehead*

VanIslander said:

There's a reason that league rarely wins the Cup. It's more like a Swiss league than a pre-NHL league.

I think the Oceanic streak will mean squat if it doesn't translate into something come playoff tourney time.

Swiss league is a pro league, while the CHL is three junior leagues. :teach:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
19bruins19 said:
Swiss league is a pro league, while the CHL is three junior leagues. :teach:
Of course. It was only an analogy. You'd think someone with an academic's cap would have realized that!

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
VanIslander said:

:shakehead

defenitly, our "ballerina stuff" can't compare to the mighty Dub ...
the're so better ...where is our white flag ?!?!?

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
VanIslander said:
And yet the winner of the Memorial Cup will still be Kelowna or Kootenay! :beatup:

Yeah wonder why they bother playing the Memorial Cup.

Forget Rimouski - the hottest team and the top player in the CHL

Forget London and their 4 World Junior Championship Players...

They should scrap the whole Memorial Cup and just give it to the Dub..

:shakehead

Tom

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Vlad The Impaler said:
Emphasis mine, as it came right out of your ass.
Absolutely beautiful. It's extremely true, as that comment was ridiculous. London, Rimouski, Kelowna, Erie, all some solid teams, it will definitely be a challenge this year.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Fedz said:
Absolutely beautiful. It's extremely true, as that comment was ridiculous. London, Rimouski, Kelowna, Erie, all some solid teams, it will definitely be a challenge this year.

I totally agree with the point of your post but .... Erie?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
thomasincanada said:
Forget London and their 4 World Junior Championship Players...
Yes, London will be in the Memorial Cup as the host. And Oceanic might prevail in the tighter play of the playoffs leading up to the tourney. But are the built to win it?

All I ask is that you don't cite their winning streak in the Q as evidence that they will beat the two OHL teams, let alone Kelowna or Kootenay. K?

The winning streak is of interest to those in the Q. Little significance across leagues however.

History has shown many top-scoring powerhouses from the Q falling flat on their face once they meet the closer checking, harder hitting play of the Memorial Cup.

If I was an Oceanic fan I'd be worried about complacency.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Rimouski are not a sure-win for the Q championship this year, it might be presumptions to crown them even before they played one playoff game.

London seems to be the favourite in the Memorial Cup, they are currently 66GP 59W 5L 2T 0OTL 120PTS 9W-STK and a .909 PCT

0 overtime losses coupled with only 5 losses thus far is an accomplishment that will carry onto the Memorial Cup.

Rimouski: 69GP 44W 17L 5T 3OTL 96PTS .674 PCT U27

27 undefeated games for Rimouski is also an accomplishment coming into the Q playoffs.

Lets not forget about last years Memorial Cup champions the Kelowna Rockets: 71GP 45W 12L 12T 2OTL 104 PTS .732 PCT

Kelowna, Rimouski and London are all currently league leaders in standings and are not going to go away that easily in their respective league playoffs.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Well Hull came friggin close to winning it last year, they dominated the **** out of Kelowna (whose best point man had 49 pts that year), but Kelowna played the most soporific and boring brand of hockey I've ever seen. A Q team has reached the finals in the past 2 years. You can't call that league weak. Go Rimouski!!

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
thomasincanada said:
I totally agree with the point of your post but .... Erie?
I was thinking the same thing, Erie are underdogs in the first round and will be playing without Blunden.

a/w congrats to Rimouski, this is some run!

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
VanIslander said:
Yes, London will be in the Memorial Cup as the host. And Oceanic might prevail in the tighter play of the playoffs leading up to the tourney. But are the built to win it?

All I ask is that you don't cite their winning streak in the Q as evidence that they will beat the two OHL teams, let alone Kelowna or Kootenay. K?

The winning streak is of interest to those in the Q. Little significance across leagues however.

History has shown many top-scoring powerhouses from the Q falling flat on their face once they meet the closer checking, harder hitting play of the Memorial Cup.

That's a little more diplomatic of you... anyone is capable of winning these - the Q champ beat both the O champs and the Dub champs last year, only to lose to a well rested ( certainly talented also ) host team.

All people are saying is it's anyones game.

I think it's Londons to lose as they are the most complete team - nobody else combines their scoring and defense - but upsets are quite common in the Memorial Cup and who knows what will happen when teams from different leagues with different styles come together.

Tom

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
VanIslander said:

And history has also shown in the past 10 years many top-scoring powerhouses from the Q as destroyed that closer cheking, harder hitting play ot the Memorial Cup.

If I was a Dub fan I'd be worried about the incredible offense of London and Rimouski(if they make it).

I'm not saying that it's one of those two team that will win it, but common, hockey is more defense first now but offensive team still win the cup frequently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad