Observations XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
So the $300 is without the discount- correct??

With the 30% discount, I am seeing customized jerseys (Rinne/Josi) for $209 on Nashville Locker Room

Just making sure i am not missing anything...

You are correct.

Also, I went ahead and ordered one. It's been ages since I purchased a jersey so this seemed like a good opportunity, and I honestly am fine with the design. I think they'll look better in person than they do online, too.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
NHLPA return to play committee does not include any Predators, it's a weird assortment, with some UFA players. The Red Wings have 4 players on it, the Jets have 2. I know the players want to be guaranteed their full salary, but I don't see how that's possible and I hope that they don't seriously fight it and put the season in jeopardy.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Day 1 season ticket holder. Kept 2 of them for 16 or 17 years. Section 314/315. Now too far to Nashville from Franklin, too far from parking to arena and too many steps at arena for 2 “seasoned” folks. Hence the nickname “Old Fan”.
Miss the arena spectacle very much but we’re always there at the TV. Seen all the jerseys, players and coaches. I’m at the “blah” level on these. Still got wife’s signed Vokoun jersey and my signed Radulov jersey ( whoops) plus a few more and including a Dixie Flyers replica (Yep, we’re that “seasoned”) and some Canadien game jerseys but that’s another story.
I sat in that section for years. Probably moved to my new section in 2016 or so. Also a Day one STH, though the first few years they were business tickets so I didn't get to go to every game. I finally took over the payments and the account.
Dixie Flyers was my first favorite team. I was either 4 or 5 when we went and it was their first season so I think I'd fall into that well seasoned group, myself.

Reactions: OldFan

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You are correct.

Also, I went ahead and ordered one. It's been ages since I purchased a jersey so this seemed like a good opportunity, and I honestly am fine with the design. I think they'll look better in person than they do online, too.

Yep, I am going to get one too. I don't absolutely love it, but I certainly don't hate it- the way I look at it is this- with the way the world is right now with Covid and everything else- the fact that we should be watching a Preds game right now as I type this post if everything was normal- I can't even get any energy up to have any level of dislike or hate for a brand new Preds jersey. It is pretty exciting to me to have ANYTHING to look forward to, and this qualifies for me. A new jersey for your favorite team, like or hate it, doesn't come along very much in life.

So, I am getting one- and I can't wait for the day I can walk into Bridgestone with it on........

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Not sure how long you've been a Preds fan from your profile but a little history in case you're a fan since the last 10 years or so.

While the current color is, in fact, French's Mustard, they call it "Predators Gold".

"Mustard" is the jersey of the early 2000's. It had a navy blue liner and a gold mesh overlay. In person it resembled Grey Poupon, hence the name "Mustard". It was...different...and didn't work well with video at the time. The camera couldn't capture both colors well and broadcasts turned it into either garish fluorescent yellow-green (sometimes with orange undertones that still baffles me) or baby poop yellow green with darker undertones when it didn't fluoresce. A guy who used to work at my company designed the logo, patch and elements of the jersey, but he has maintained all along that the color scheme and the mesh was entirely NHL. I know he told me one time that the earliest "Predators" font letters were created as they went along -- if they needed a Z then they made one but it wasn't a full alphabet. Not sure about later ones, but he had a hand in creating a lot of the artwork used in the early days.

My comment was meant to be taken more humorously. We both know they call the color "gold" although it isn't a metallic gold (like Vegas) and really much closer to mustard (or bumblebee) yellow on a color palette.

At any rate, the larger point was to why this design sort of misses the mark IMHO. This jersey design may be considered "reverse retro" by some designer because of the cut and panels with different color arrangement, but it comes off looking quite similar to the standard issue jersey in the end. If the idea was to market cool, vibrant, new looks here, there is some sense of disappointment with our jersey design.

On a broader league-wide view, the effort seems sort of scatter shot. Carolina's jersey being the Hartford jersey with color rearrangement (and nothing in common with the Canes colors, etc.) is a far cry from, say, the Red Wings entry, which is almost as exciting as spilled milk.

Nashville Predators - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm pretty much convinced we're never going to be 100% positive return on any jersey. And that's ok. I liked it enough to order one for the wife and me. Figure they're not taking our Nov/Dec STH payment so that money was allocated to the Preds and is still allocated to the Preds.

Has anyone seen a ship date on these things? I was hoping to have them in time for Christmas. Doubt she even knows they exist so will be a nice Christmas surprise if they arrive in time.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I'm pretty much convinced we're never going to be 100% positive return on any jersey. And that's ok. I liked it enough to order one for the wife and me. Figure they're not taking our Nov/Dec STH payment so that money was allocated to the Preds and is still allocated to the Preds.

Has anyone seen a ship date on these things? I was hoping to have them in time for Christmas. Doubt she even knows they exist so will be a nice Christmas surprise if they arrive in time.

I'm pretty sure the website said pre-ordering before December 1st would get the jersey to you before Christmas Eve.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm pretty sure the website said pre-ordering before December 1st would get the jersey to you before Christmas Eve.

Thanks I must have overlooked that part. I had hoped that would be the case given the additional STH discount only ran through 11/30.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My comment was meant to be taken more humorously. We both know they call the color "gold" although it isn't a metallic gold (like Vegas) and really much closer to mustard (or bumblebee) yellow on a color palette.

At any rate, the larger point was to why this design sort of misses the mark IMHO. This jersey design may be considered "reverse retro" by some designer because of the cut and panels with different color arrangement, but it comes off looking quite similar to the standard issue jersey in the end. If the idea was to market cool, vibrant, new looks here, there is some sense of disappointment with our jersey design.

On a broader league-wide view, the effort seems sort of scatter shot. Carolina's jersey being the Hartford jersey with color rearrangement (and nothing in common with the Canes colors, etc.) is a far cry from, say, the Red Wings entry, which is almost as exciting as spilled milk.

Nashville Predators - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database

We both may know (now) but some people have only been fans since around 2016 so they wouldn't even remember the mustard thirds. Your join date was 2019, so I didn't know.

If the idea was to just put in elements of all past jerseys that's kind of weird but I guess it gave them something to do. Wings haven't changed their design significantly in 90 years. About the only thing they could do is make it into a wool sweater! Maybe make it Avalanche colors, just to see the reaction.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Wings haven't changed their design significantly in 90 years. About the only thing they could do is make it into a wool sweater! Maybe make it Avalanche colors, just to see the reaction.
Nah. Take a look at Anaheim and Calgary. Those are totally new designs, never seen before. Calgary could've gone with a flaming A like Carolina went with the HW tail logo...

What's weird to me is that for certain teams there was a lot of creativity and effort made, but others it looks like someone just checked a couple boxes and went back to binge watching Netflix.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Nah. Take a look at Anaheim and Calgary. Those are totally new designs, never seen before. Calgary could've gone with a flaming A like Carolina went with the HW tail logo...

What's weird to me is that for certain teams there was a lot of creativity and effort made, but others it looks like someone just checked a couple boxes and went back to binge watching Netflix.
Anaheim's is a spin on the old 3rd right?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Anaheim's is a spin on the old 3rd right?

Yeah it's just an white version of the "Wild Wing" jersey they wore in 95-96. Calgary's is also one of the least creative as it is basically a carbon copy of the third they wore in the late 90's early 00's. Here's an image showing the jersey's that all of the reverse retros were based off of:

BoRkzKa4heOw1egb-nGUSIrP0IVTLfAJ_2k3mJg6-qU.jpg

Reactions: adsfan

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

Greg Wyshynski says right now our division will probably have us, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Florida, St. Louis, and Tampa.

Can't see the article, but I assume we'd play all/mostly in division with the top 4 all making the playoffs? If that's the case I'd think Tampa is the clear favorite, but pretty wide open after that. I think this is slightly easier than the Central although we can never beat the Wings even though they suck so who knows. Kind of surprised that it isn't Carolina in the Central with us and Pittsburgh in the East though.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Greg Wyshynski says right now our division will probably have us, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, Florida, St. Louis, and Tampa.

That's an interesting division. The way i see it:

Tampa/St. Louis/Pittsburgh

Nashville/Florida/Columbus

Chicago/Detroit

If i recall right, Florida gives us fits. We used to own Columbus when they were in division but i think it's more even now. Detroit is still rebuilding and Chicago's goaltending doesn't impress me.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Can't see the article, but I assume we'd play all/mostly in division with the top 4 all making the playoffs? If that's the case I'd think Tampa is the clear favorite, but pretty wide open after that. I think this is slightly easier than the Central although we can never beat the Wings even though they suck so who knows. Kind of surprised that it isn't Carolina in the Central with us and Pittsburgh in the East though.

Yeah, I agree about Pittsburgh. Weird for them to break up them and Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad