Observations XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If you visit his profile and click on the "Username history" tab, you can see that it's NNCbama.

I don't really understand changing usernames, myself. I've used the same one since I registered 15 years ago :P.
I think maybe a lost bet was involved. May not have been Porter, but I know it has happened.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You must have secondary scoring. Smith has always been that. And he is(was?) defensively responsible and hustles all the time. His problems are age, UFA potential salary and Preds desire to open up positions for youngsters. That and he never hit 30 goals. Preds will actually miss him.
Turris and Granlund should have worked. Who knew?
Smith has mostly been that in the regular season, but the older he gets the more frequent the down seasons seem to be. Couple that with the fact he has always been a no show in the playoffs, he's getting older, needs a new contract and his spot could be used for younger cheaper talent, it makes sense to move on.

Smith has always been okish defensively, but never recall him being on the PK or anything else either.

I think much like with Legwand its just time.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Glad to hear hes ok. I was afraid his cancer had come back based in how he was talking a few years ago
He has been working at a place that makes goalie pads. Sent me pictures of some -- must have been 3 years ago now. They looked really nice. Not sure if they're actually working now but I've heard from him periodically during the lockdown.

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well there have been some skeletons chased out of USA Hockey closets of course, but still, at things like the NTDP level, you are typically dealing with what are at least perceived to be the "best and brightest" of the up-and-comers. So I don't think it is automatically bad to pick from that circle. Obviously that's a place where Poile has his attention focused, but it's also a place where there is a lot of legitimate thought being put into the game.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I missed hockey tremendously during the shutdown but ever since the Preds massively disheartening performance vs the Yotes I really havent given the first flip. And I dont think I'll care at all if its January or later when next season starts. I think we are at the start of a long, cold run of crappy hockey. Probably just good enough to flirt with a playoff spot but not good enough to make another Cup run, and with the roster we had theres no way we can spin it as the plucky underfunded team outperforming expectations. We are gonna be the Minnesota Wild 2.0 for the next few years...

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Tolvanen was so good for Jokerit, it'd be nice for him to gain some confidence and hopefully make the NHL squad out of camp.
Since Országh I have not been a fan of guys playing over there under any circumstance. He never recovered from that knee injury and botched Russian surgery. So be careful what you wish for.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Question: Forsberg is listed at 6’1” 205 lbs, Sissons at 6’1” 200 lbs and Trenin at 6’2” 201 lbs.
Gosh, Trenin just looks bigger than Forsberg and Sissons, doesn’t he? Help me with this.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Question: Forsberg is listed at 6’1” 205 lbs, Sissons at 6’1” 200 lbs and Trenin at 6’2” 201 lbs.
Gosh, Trenin just looks bigger than Forsberg and Sissons, doesn’t he? Help me with this.

Trenin has wide shoulders. It makes him look larger, like Cody Bass.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads list Trenin as 6'3, 215 on their site.

I looked for some old Admirals game programs. They were from 2019-20 and the numbers match.

The older ones that I found were from 2016, before Trenin was on the team. I will try to find one in between those years.

(Kevin Fiala was listed as 5'10" and 169 pounds in 2016 when he was 20. IHDB says he is 5'10" and 193 pounds and he has a Wild jersey on in the photo at 24.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->