Observations XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
For the love of whatever can we please stop the two second delay between scoring and our horn going off? Every goal I'm either thinking I didn't see it right or it was waved off.
Game ops has taken a big step back this year. The goal song had a glitch in the middle for the first 2 months of the season.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Game ops has taken a big step back this year. The goal song had a glitch in the middle for the first 2 months of the season.
The guy who had been in charge of game ops since the beginning died in September. I'm sure it has been a challenge to replicate all his knowledge. I'm giving them a pass for the time being. It has improved over the beginning of the season, IMO. Longtime WSMV employee Mark Ford dies

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
the "Offical" NHL stats on shot attempts are strange looking for us.

per those:
..we are 7th in total shots on net.
but the official breakdown of what type of shots those were is really unusual looking:
..3rd in wrist shots
..21st in backhand shots
..23rd in deflections on net
..30th in slap shots on net
..27th in snap shots on net
..19th in tips on net

we are 6th in the league in most missed shots (which certainly feels right)
..3rd in number of times we have hit the crossbar on misses
..but 26th in shots that hit the posts (that cann't be accurate)
..3rd in number of misses high (which i believe)
..9th in number of shots wide (which also is believable)

i'm trying to analyze what all this data says about our players. but i'm having a tough time.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah definitely an improvement as the season has progressed. I mentioned it in the GDT but there was one sequence last night (Goat + Black Betty) where my ears were ringing for a couple of minutes after. Could definitely tell by seeing reactions of those around me that it wasn't just me. It's ok to have some timing glitches and such but they really need to be careful not to overdial the volume. People shouldn't have to wear ear plugs to a hockey game due to volume instability.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
we are 6th in the league in most missed shots (which certainly feels right)
..3rd in number of times we have hit the crossbar on misses
..but 26th in shots that hit the posts (that cann't be accurate)
..3rd in number of misses high (which i believe)
..9th in number of shots wide (which also is believable)

These top two can coexist. Crossbar just means we're hitting the top frequently (which aligns with your other stat saying 3rd highest with high misses). Posts are just measuring the left/right side of the metal. I guess when the Preds miss wide (9th) they really miss wide (hence 26th on the posts).

/notanexpert

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Also, what’s up with “We Built This City (On Rock and Roll)” as the intro song? For one, it is the worst song in the history of songs. Secondly, this city was NOT built on rock and roll (duh). I completely don’t get it. It’s awful.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yeah definitely an improvement as the season has progressed. I mentioned it in the GDT but there was one sequence last night (Goat + Black Betty) where my ears were ringing for a couple of minutes after. Could definitely tell by seeing reactions of those around me that it wasn't just me. It's ok to have some timing glitches and such but they really need to be careful not to overdial the volume. People shouldn't have to wear ear plugs to a hockey game due to volume instability.

There have been several games in the last month where several of us put our fingers in our ears..... it's ridiculous.

It's worthless giving feedback to the preds......there's no one who really cares about the details anymore. Oh and going to fan relations is a joke

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
I think you're being a little to dire in your assessment of where we finish the season. If the players who are out now were out for the whole year, yes wed probably be doing well to slip in as a WC. But as it is we built up a big cushion in the first 20 games. If we get all our guys back healthy by mid January we will still be in the running for the division.

I probably am, but theres a chance of rust when these guys come back and they probably wont be fully recovered, just healthy enough to play the games. Always have to take things like that into consideration when players come back from IR.

Kutter748

Dec 6, 2018
Also, what’s up with “We Built This City (On Rock and Roll)” as the intro song? For one, it is the worst song in the history of songs. Secondly, this city was NOT built on rock and roll (duh). I completely don’t get it. It’s awful.
I agree. This is the most awful intro. Doesn't get me hyped for the game at all.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I agree. This is the most awful intro. Doesn't get me hyped for the game at all.
Its shameful. I mean if they're saying we built Smashville on rock n roll...I guess? But we're home to Jack f***ing White for f***s sake! Lets play some actual f***ing rock n roll!

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Forsberg, despite not playing for 2 games, is 4th for misses league-wide.
Forsberg shoots for the corners and therefore will miss the net occasionally, but he will also score more goals by attempting these type of shots. I venture to say that he is probably the lowest in hitting the opposing goalie in the chest or pads as many other non scorers do.

Reactions: bdub24

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Its shameful. I mean if they're saying we built Smashville on rock n roll...I guess? But we're home to Jack ****ing White for ****s sake! Lets play some actual ****ing rock n roll!

I'm sorry, but the most perfect intro song ever is Thunderstruck. Yes, it's used in arenas all over world. Yes, you sound like every other team if you use it. But that's because it's the best intro song ever. Nothing can get you hyped like that song, and I'm not even an AC/DC fan.

Reactions: bdub24

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm sorry, but the most perfect intro song ever is Thunderstruck. Yes, it's used in arenas all over world. Yes, you sound like every other team if you use it. But that's because it's the best intro song ever. Nothing can get you hyped like that song, and I'm not even an AC/DC fan.

I think the Lightning have that one on lockdown. They really get into it there, with the Tesla coil going, it's really cool.

If we don't want to do a country thing, Dave Mustaine lives here now so we could maybe use something from Megadeth. Or possibly Pantera, even though they're the Stars' band, they did record Far Beyond Driven in Nashville at Jerry Abbott's studio.

Reactions: JR303 and bdub24

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Speaking of ‘best’. Glitter needs to pass on. I’m ready for some rock and roll 2 goal song action again. So much better than gold on the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad