Observations XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
OP version 3.0

Originally suggested getting it back to the analysis of the most knowledgeable and away from speculation of non NHL roster players.

Changed the title to try to accommodate Drake's suggestion but some regulars suggested otherwise.

Who knew that I can't please everyone here? Surprising!

Go Perds!

Discuss

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonesey

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don''t really care which direction the thread goes personally, but I feel like once games are actually played the "observations" kinda come full circle and are the main focus for a little bit. I also use this thread for random notes and, well, observations because I view the OT thread as non-sports related. But again, doesn't really matter to me.

I will say that while it's good to keep threads "on topic", one named simply Observations is kinda vague. I personally understand what it means when someone says that's supposed to imply it's for 303's post-game observations, I can see how it could also just be seen as a "whatever else" kind of thing. It's easy for debates or conversations or whatever to kinda go in different directions.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Dudes, really??

It's been the "observations" thread forever. It is WAY more than game observations, which is more what the GDT is for. Its observations about the team in general, coaching, and basically the thread you know you come to for the "hockey guys" comments

Not to be a pedantic old fart but I respectfully request removing "game" from the title as that implies it's more of a GDT.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Dudes, really??

It's been the "observations" thread forever. It is WAY more than game observations, which is more what the GDT is for. Its observations about the team in general, coaching, and basically the thread you know you come to for the "hockey guys" comments

Not to be a pedantic old fart but I respectfully request removing "game" from the title as that implies it's more of a GDT.
Agreed

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The thread did used to be Observations from Box 2 if I recall correctly, so it was sort of a place for 303 and others more knowledgeable about the X's and Os of the game to give their insight into each game. But I think at this point we have enough knowledgeable fans that a more broad observations thread seems fine to me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Dudes, really??

That's what I was saying haha

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
NHL.com said:
Nashville is 8-0-0 away from Bridgestone Arena. The Predators are the third team in NHL history to win each of its first eight road games, joining the Sabres in 2006-07 (10-0-0) and New Jersey Devils in 2009-10 (9-0-0).

I'll take it

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
How dare you think outside the box2...

Was just trying to nudge it back to the analysis of those most knowledgeable, far more than I, and away from Eeli and any reason to bring him up to NHL now. We all hope Eeli will progress to be a valuable part of the team, but since there was a special thread for him I hoped to steer that there. It reminded me of PK and all the conversation that led to a special thread for him. I now observe my 10 1/2 wide shoes sure stepped on several toes.

Trigg, how about starting a new thread and I'll rename this as Fossil's Folly .. ♫please delete me, let me go.. ♫.

Reactions: Adz and PredsV82

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Predators are
4-0 vs the Central
2-0 vs the Atlantic
4-0 vs the Metropolitan
4-3 vs the Pacific
All 3 losses were at home

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Speaking of the different divisions, the combined goal differential by each team is this:

Atlantic: +11
Metro: -6
Central: +38
Pacific: -38

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
As of right now the good guys are #1 in goals allowed with 2.19 allowed per game. When I looked at goals scored a game, we're 2nd in the league at 3.50 a game. I don't think our offense gets the respect it deserves at times, everyone preaches about how good our defense is, but our offense is a well-oiled machine right now. This is primarily from 5v5 hockey as well as our PP still sucks. Doubtful we stay #2 all year, but top 10 is highly likely and top 5 looks achievable.

Reactions: Tex76

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
our offense isn't quite as productive in reality as the raw goals per game number shows. the 7 empty netters add almost .5 goals per game to our number right now.

take those away and offensively we would be at about 3.1 goals per game which would be 19th in the league right now.

Reactions: Roman Yoshi

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Again I think we have lots of room to improve. I do worry about our scoring depth upfront.

I'm also worried about how we are running our power play. I want to see more movement from our forwards down low and maybe get a bumper player established on that top unit. Fiala fills that role on the second unit but no one does on the top one.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
our offense isn't quite as productive in reality as the raw goals per game number shows. the 7 empty netters add almost .5 goals per game to our number right now.

take those away and offensively we would be at about 3.1 goals per game which would be 19th in the league right now.

Does that take all empty netters into account? The Preds probably lead the league but I would imagine the higher you are in the standings the more likely you will have some empty netters.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
3 games in 4 nights on the road, all with those hated late night starts

Rinne/Saros/Rinne I would think.

Watson back for the third of those three.

Would be a really nice time to figure out this PP stuff.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Can't go to sleep tonight against the Ducks, who I think are a lot better than their record says. The forwards need to get in Gibson's face and make it so he can't see pucks.

You know the Ducks are going to come out angry. As they do. Stay disciplined.

I'd like to see Saros get the start tonight and Rinne in San Jose, but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen. I really want Pekka to work on the curse of the SAP Center and get a big win there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad