Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
^^^^303, NMK, V82, triggr, handtrick (whenever you pop up) ... Love your posts. Thanks for all the insight this year.

I'm not much for voting on this kind of stuff, but you guys bring some fun analysis. I've enjoyed it for years.

Thanks Enoch. Literally everything I know about hockey(which admittedly still isnt all that much) I learned from the other posters you mentioned (including yourself) as well as several others (Slake, Jlsg, 9", BC, and I'm sure some other old timers I am forgetting at the moment).

Add to that all of the posters I got to know and meet in real life, and this forum(and the old np board)has been a significant positive in my life for over 15 years... amazing.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
posting on this board is addictive, i know i've actually tried to quit many times over the past few years. but, i find it's cathargic by providing psychological relief thru the open expression of strong emotions, both positive and negative to others who love the preds as much as i do and are as emotionally invested as i am. one of these days i will walk away from it i'm sure, but 20 years of this is hard to quit. appreciate all the discussions and posts that make me stop and think, whether i agree with them or not. makes me a smarter hockey fan.

at times i get very frustrated admittedly. as a fan as there are posters that i find i lose patience with, some new, some old. but in the end, we are all preds fans. each of us has our own prejudices and preferences in what we want to see and why we are such diehard fans to begin with. it's all part of the attraction to be honest.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
303, since we appear to have taken a leap in our play the last two years I find myself not feeling the need to post as much. I'm just enjoying the ride and chime in when I feel like. I thought I'd post more when we got better and to this level but the opposite has happened. And to be honest, I think I enjoy the games, the team and the boards that much more now. I'm not as wrapped up in it. I watch a game, we win or lose, I move on to the next thing in my life because while wins are great and losses sting, it's still just a game at the end of the day that I have no control over.

Love the game. Love the team. Love the friendships I've made from here.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What's odd is I've been around a heck of a lot longer than it feels sometimes, spent several years on the old board before the move here, and I still feel like the new guy rofl.

:cheers:

Reactions: Pred303

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I rarely see the little details you're talking about on the ice because my eyes can not focus quickly enough--I will never see an offsides as it happens. So thanks for getting into the nitty gritty of play and posting it here so I can "see" what I wish I could.

Reactions: Pred303

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
This is the 2nd board I joined. First was CNN, and then this one in 1998. Then the Preds board. Rejoined in the new format in 2002.

I'm a hot head at times which is why I don't watch games in bars, I can let off steam here and not go to jail.

I try to keep a level head the older I get but still lose it some.

I still study defensemen even though I'm pretty sure my playing days have wrapped up. I still blame the goalies after a loss.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->