Oakley vs. Itech Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Hey everyone! I am in a debate between these two half shield face masks. I was wondering if anyone can give me pros and cons of the shields.(air-fog, scratch resistance...) And which one you would prefer. Also, which style do you like... the straight cut, aviator or modified versions? Thanks a lot comments would be great!

edit: how do you take care of these shields?

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
I dig the Oakley visor, truly. If you can find them at a shop somehow, choose which one you like better.

BCCHL inactive

If you're playing sanctioned hockey, beware that not all Oakley visors are certified.

vexXed

Oct 23, 2005
Hong Kong
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I orignally got the Oakley Pro Aviator visor for my CCM 1052 helmet and I had to fix it on with such force that I was sure the two weren't made for each other. I then got the ITECH one that looks the same but that came with mounting brackets and was a much better fit. Make sure you check before purchasing it.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Petey21 said:
As for Oakley visors, do not use ANY other chemicals on it than their own Oakley AFR Visor Cleaning Solution, other brands or chemicals might harm the visor.

Found this out the hard way... I did like it a lot when I got it. I just bought the replaceable shield with cage from Itech. So I'll soon have some comparison to add.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
vexXed said:
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I orignally got the Oakley Pro Aviator visor for my CCM 1052 helmet and I had to fix it on with such force that I was sure the two weren't made for each other. I then got the ITECH one that looks the same but that came with mounting brackets and was a much better fit. Make sure you check before purchasing it.

Agreed. I had a hard time putting it on my 1052.

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
i just bought the itech prowave for my bauer 5000 helmet. i don't need it to be certified so i'm happy because it was cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad