Oakley AFR cleaner

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
I recently purchased the Oakley VR910 L from a teamate and i love the clarity of it.. Possibly not going to switch back to the cage/visor combo.
But i have one huge problem with it. It fogs up bad everytime i go to the bench! And then clears as i skate again. (i know this has been brought up on these boards before) but my question is has anyone had any experience with the Oakley AFR to help reduce fog on thier visor? And also were can i order online? Cuz i doubt my LHS has it and the websites i have checked are sold out (HM and HG)

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
I use an oakley visor, I use the AFR it works well. I ruined my first oakley visor by not using the AFR. the inside coating ended up looking like cracked safety glass. use the AFR. Im now currently using the same visor for 3 years and although I am just an old beer leaguer I skate on average 4 times a week year round.

as for where to get it online can't help you my LHS carries it, sorry.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Thank you very much for your responses. I will double check my LHS and if not then order from Icewarehouse. I love the visor when its clear but it seems to fog up pretty easily when i go to the bench. I hope the AFR can help with that

elevation

May 25, 2007
Germany
Another thing is, that the VR910 is pretty big, you breath into it, so you probably have to get used to some fogging on the bench...this should be no issue, when you're skating...If you hate that, you would have to go with a shorter visor...I got Pro Straights without any fog...and using mostly only water and a fine microfiber cloth...even too scared to use shampoo or anything else...2 or 3 dishes of the AFR sometimes...it lasts long...and get a soft fleece bag for your helmet!

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Another thing is, that the VR910 is pretty big, you breath into it, so you probably have to get used to some fogging on the bench...this should be no issue, when you're skating...If you hate that, you would have to go with a shorter visor...I got Pro Straights without any fog...and using mostly only water and a fine microfiber cloth...even too scared to use shampoo or anything else...2 or 3 dishes of the AFR sometimes...it lasts long...and get a soft fleece bag for your helmet!

If you have the right anti-fogging solution you should not have ANY fogging. C-Clear is used by military and firefighters. It is also a non-abrasive so no worries about scratches either.

If it keeps my glasses from fogging up under a goalie mask I'm very confident that your visor won't fog up given that there is much more airflow with your visor than there is under my goalie mask.

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
If you have the right anti-fogging solution you should not have ANY fogging. C-Clear is used by military and firefighters. It is also a non-abrasive so no worries about scratches either.

If it keeps my glasses from fogging up under a goalie mask I'm very confident that your visor won't fog up given that there is much more airflow with your visor than there is under my goalie mask.

but you have to remember our masks don't have any type of anti fog coating, at least the ones we use at my FD. (they're Scott) And my first visor didn't scratch, the coating was damaged by using a different product than the AFR. I know that the anti fog made by RainX uses alcohol in their product that would definitely mess up the coating. Now I can't weigh in on C-Clear as I have never seen it. Just my $.02 though.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
but you have to remember our masks don't have any type of anti fog coating, at least the ones we use at my FD. (they're Scott) And my first visor didn't scratch, the coating was damaged by using a different product than the AFR. I know that the anti fog made by RainX uses alcohol in their product that would definitely mess up the coating. Now I can't weigh in on C-Clear as I have never seen it. Just my $.02 though.

From C-Clear's website

"Will NOT HARM tinted, anti-glare or/any protectective coatings on prescription or non-prescription lenses if properly applied. Does not contain SILICONE!"

"C-Clear™ has been lab tested and proven to be safe to use on glass, polycarbonate lenses and other plastic lenses that have been treated with anti-glare and other type coatings and tinting."

I've also used it on my Rx sunglasses and had no issues there either.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali

That is a very good point. One thing about the 910 model is its almost impossible not to breath in it. But i like how it adds a little extra protection for the high sticks and mouth protection (mostly upper lip) . I will definatly giving AFR a try. cuz i know ANY other cleaner ruins an oakley visor

TinofGrizz

Feb 5, 2010
There should be a few online dealers that have it in stock, but if you can't/don't want to get it online see if your mall has an Oakley outlet. We have a mall in Michigan that has an Oakley Vault and they sell Oakley football visors so in turn also carry the AFR spray for those.

hitmanjat

Oct 21, 2010
I had a thread about a similar issue, I got the Oakley 2.0 visor that comes down even further, and had major fogging when i went to the bench. At the time i used the oakley AFR with no luck.

Lately i began rubbing the afr cleaner in a lot more and its been working. I put one spray on the front and one on the inside and rub it in with a microfibe towel with more pressure then i did originally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad