Oakland As select new stadium location, but...

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Last edited by a moderator:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They should just do it around Jack London Square. Too many variables, and not a fan of possibly forcing a college and immigrant neighborhoods to leave. That's anti-Oakland, tbh.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They should just do it around Jack London Square. Too many variables, and not a fan of possibly forcing a college and immigrant neighborhoods to leave. That's anti-Oakland, tbh.

agreed

the jack london square location no doubt makes the most sense. way too many stipulations with this other spot and i highly doubt they'll be able to clear every hurdle anyways. i mean, just for starters they'd have to construct a couple new million dollar off-ramps AND help find a new location for the college's headquarters

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Or get everyone to gang up on San Francisco and make them **** off with their blocking of them moving to San Jose.

They went the legal route and everything went in SF's favor.

That's what Haas gets for being a nice guy. He should have just told them to **** themselves and enjoy South Florida.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
agreed

the jack london square location no doubt makes the most sense. way too many stipulations with this other spot and i highly doubt they'll be able to clear every hurdle anyways. i mean, just for starters they'd have to construct a couple new million dollar off-ramps AND help find a new location for the college's headquarters

It will require a lot of public funds, which wasn't a part of what they said originally. This location is too much work and was definitely #3 for me. JLS is the easy #1 then the Coliseum site.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It will require a lot of public funds, which wasn't a part of what they said originally. This location is too much work and was definitely #3 for me. JLS is the easy #1 then the Coliseum site.

i'd be all for the coliseum site but where would they play for the next 3-4 seasons? sacramento?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
They went the legal route and everything went in SF's favor.

That's what Haas gets for being a nice guy. He should have just told them to **** themselves and enjoy South Florida.

Nice guys finish last I guess. San Fran rejecting the move is possibly the most angering thing a sports franchise has done in recent memory. At least in my mind. They very well could have condemned their natural rival to relocation (which is still possible if this doesn't work out).

Sep 19, 2008
9 minute walk ain't **** we have to walk 30 minutes to FedEx field

Anywhere better than the O.co Ricky Henderson Network Associates Coliseum or whatever they call it now

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Nice guys finish last I guess. San Fran rejecting the move is possibly the most angering thing a sports franchise has done in recent memory. At least in my mind. They very well could have condemned their natural rival to relocation (which is still possible if this doesn't work out).
They have corporate dollars down there apparently. Giants fans make up every excuse possible to defend their ownership but everyone else calls it what it is, a dick move by a greedy ass franchise.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
They have corporate dollars down there apparently. Giants fans make up every excuse possible to defend their ownership but everyone else calls it what it is, a dick move by a greedy ass franchise.

Yep. The thing is, they weren't going to lose corporate support from Silicon Valley if the A's move to San Jose. There is more an enough money in the San Francisco Bay area to support both. In the words of Peter Griffin, it really grinds my gears.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Maybe see if the Giants will let you share for 3-4 years? Not likely, but you can try.

if i remember correctly, the giants did say a few years ago they'd be willing to share the ballpark while the A's had a new one built

i hope the A's kindly told the giants to go F themselves

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
they're not moving to vegas

but seriously great job oakland. you've already lost two pro teams and going for a third! although i have a feeling there's some giants influence definitely involved with the city of oakland filing suit against the A's

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It's the city counsel. Specifically Rebecca Kaplan. The city and county already negotiated in good faith and couldn't reach a deal. This is them simply posturing for money or to increase the value of the sale to the A's.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It's the city counsel. Specifically Rebecca Kaplan. The city and county already negotiated in good faith and couldn't reach a deal. This is them simply posturing for money or to increase the value of the sale to the A's.

yeah hopefully oakland residents vote that ***** out

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Manfred gave the A's and city an ultimatum. City council wants a deal to get done, but they filed for monetary reasons. Legislation is already in the A's favor, the commish is just tired of the city council making needless noise, especially a day before the wildcard game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->