Trade: [OAK/TOR] Kendrys Morales for Jesus Lopez

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i mean yeah they really need another lefty bat with olson out but morales sucks on defense. i'd prefer giving guys like canha and pinder playing time instead of morales

i guess this means barreto is going to be sent back down? really sucks to see the A's have zero faith in him. i was hoping the olson injury would at least allow him to get the big league time he deserves

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
i mean yeah they really need another lefty bat with olson out but morales sucks on defense. i'd prefer giving guys like canha and pinder playing time instead of morales

i guess this means barreto is going to be sent back down? really sucks to see the A's have zero faith in him. i was hoping the olson injury would at least allow him to get the big league time he deserves

I would have moved Profar to first, but they did need another lefty bat. Morales is terrible, though. He's a huge minus on defense and on the bases, and his bat isn't as good as it once was.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I’m beyond happy to see Morales gone, I’d much rather the at bats be given to someone like McKinney, Tellez, Drury (once Vladdy is up, etc. I’m sure Oakland could have gotten a better player in free agency for cheaper, although they would not have had the benefit of a spring training.

Reactions: donghabs98

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I would have moved Profar to first, but they did need another lefty bat. Morales is terrible, though. He's a huge minus on defense and on the bases, and his bat isn't as good as it once was.

i assumed that was what they planned to do. move profar to first, play baretto at 2nd, and then rotate guys like canha/grossman/pinder

would have been a better option than bringing morales in

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Joins another former Blue Jay in Tulo, with the Yankees, moving back to the AL East.

Can't imagine either player will be a threat this season, though. It'll be fun to see the reception either player gets in Toronto, though! If/when they're even around to play, that is.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Joins another former Blue Jay in Tulo, with the Yankees, moving back to the AL East.

Can't imagine either player will be a threat this season, though. It'll be fun to see the reception either player gets in Toronto, though! If/when they're even around to play, that is.
It's OK, we are enjoying Urshela and Happ. :D Farm team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad