Trade: [OAK/MIA] Starling Marte for Jesus Luzardo

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not really torn up about losing luzardo. he's shown flashes of his potential but every time i thought he'd finally "break out," he's just sucked. seems like maybe the organization soured on him after the whole pinky thing, and they probably feel like kap is a suitable replacement

i have a feeling they might go all in this deadline like they did in 2014 for one last run with this current group before they sell everyone off in the offseason. i'm expecting a bigger fire sale than 2014. would be surprised if this was their last deal before friday

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not a rental either.

For all the talent Luzardo has, he’s off in a neuronal sense. Glad they cut bait early and got value.

Reactions: Tuggy

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
or he goes the other way, and the Marlins are too much press.....oh wait, nevermind.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Oakland did the same with Addison Russel before his personal issues did him in.

They know how to rebuild on the fly while patching together guys.
the A's got laughed at to no end for making that trade

russell had one decent year and the A's ended up flipping samardzija for semien, who became a far better SS than russell ever was

the potential and talent is all there for luzardo, and if there's anywhere he can put it all together it's miami

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Oakland did the same with Addison Russel before his personal issues did him in.

They know how to rebuild on the fly while patching together guys.
That worked because they were able to flip Shark for an even better package that offseason, though they were openly mocked at the time.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
the A's got laughed at to no end for making that trade

russell had one decent year and the A's ended up flipping samardzija for semien, who became a far better SS than russell ever was

the potential and talent is all there for luzardo, and if there's anywhere he can put it all together it's miami
And Bassitt.

They even got 5-6 serviceable years from Phegley.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad