Trade: [OAK/CLE] Coco Crisp for Colt Hynes

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Not a surprise to see the Indians add an OF. Gives them Davis/Almonte/Guyer/Naquin/Chisenhall/Crisp.

Edit - especially since Almonte is not playoff eligible.

Is Crisp going to whine about the vesting option situation while on a contender? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
indians need a starter so they trade for coco crisp

makes sense

anyways, i'm really going to miss coco. almost 7 full seasons with the A's which is pretty much unheard of in the beane era. a stand up guy all around, wish him the best in cleveland.

doolittle and sogard (if you even count him) are the only A's left from that 2012 team

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Trading Crisp for Jason Michaels after the 2005 season was a total screw up. 2016 Crisap shouldn't be playing major league baseball though.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
No, that was not the deal.

January 27, 2006: Traded by the Cleveland Indians with Josh Bard and David Riske to the Boston Red Sox for a player to be named later, Andy Marte, Guillermo Mota, Kelly Shoppach and cash. The Boston Red Sox sent Randy Newsom (minors) (July 21, 2006) to the Cleveland Indians to complete the trade.

I remember Andy Marte was supposed to be the next big thing.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
He adds outfield depth. Late inning defensive replacement and a pinch runner.

Almonte isn't eligible to play in the postseason.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Tweet from last weekend:

i completely forgot that finley played for the cardinals. i knew crisp was somehow associated with him but his cardinals stint had slipped my mind

got to meet chuck a few times during his time with the angels. nice guy

A's get a 31 year old minor league reliever for him. :huh:

did you really expect the A's to get something better in return for a 36 year old hitting .230 and with no arm

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
No, that was not the deal.

January 27, 2006: Traded by the Cleveland Indians with Josh Bard and David Riske to the Boston Red Sox for a player to be named later, Andy Marte, Guillermo Mota, Kelly Shoppach and cash. The Boston Red Sox sent Randy Newsom (minors) (July 21, 2006) to the Cleveland Indians to complete the trade.

I remember Andy Marte was supposed to be the next big thing.

The Rhodes/Michaels deal was considered to be the same part of that deal. it was a 3 way deal essentially between the Phillies/Indians/Red Sox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad