OA KEEPS

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Gleason, Hanley and i'm not sure who else for the Bulldogs--the roster is expected to be gutted by graduation/NHL deals. Burnell is not a OA candidate as he's most likely going to be released and end up in Jr. A or B.

Saigeon would be a keep--but he has zero shot of a return, as his 18 goals in the playoffs likely means he's in the AHL next year--maybe even in his former city in Belleville if the Sens draft or sign him as a undrafted free agent.

It's possible Staios uses the OA spot for offense or a veteran goaltender to back up Zachary Roy--Nick Donofrio will likely be dealt before Opening Night, if not shortly afterwards as he has no future in Hamilton, as he won't be around during their rebuild (he'll be 19 in November and already in his 4th and potential final junior year unless he comes back as an OA) and would be better suited on a contender.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes will have some moves to make when it comes to overage players. I'd imagine Adam Timleck and Austin Osmanski are locks... then you have the possibility of Dylan Wells being returned by the Oilers... as well as Chris Paquette, Bobby Dow and Matt Timms all eligible to return. All three of those players are very good OA role players... not stars but can fill roles very well for contending clubs.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Ottawa has Felhaber as a lock. Getting Barron back would be huge....but unlikely. Boomhower is a maybe, I'm not convinced he's worth an OA spot. I suspect we will be shopping for an OA forward that can play top 6 role on a contender and maybe a goalie if we don't get a starter in import draft.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Flint has three '98s from last year's roster.
Hakon Nilsen...well because.
Jacob Collins...most likely returns, but wouldn't be tough to upgrade here.
Max Kislinger...odds are that the team would like to get more production out of both the OA and the Import spot he's occupying.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
For Erie, Kyle Maksimovich is a lock. Christian Girhiny is the only other '98 on the roster. He could earn a spot if he improves this offseason but it's not a guarantee, some young forwards will push for playing time.

Reactions: SebJHockey

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Middeton has a shot at OA now that Toronto parted ways. If he is back the defense already looks solid Saginaw needs 2 good 98's. A scoring forward and a solid d-man. Robertson and Calvas would suffice.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Attack OA situation IMO;

C- Hancock
RD- Durzi (if drafted and unsigned)
LW- Lazerchuck

LD- Bourque (if Durzi is signed)

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa:

Commisso for sure
Brassard (if VAN doesn't sign him)
Allen to start the year if Hunt doesn't upgrade in the off-season, which I could see

That means moving on from Krastenbergs (will play pro in Europe), Henderson, Ceci, and Harrogate

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Spits have 2 O/A candidates in Larionov(6) and Kutkevicius(13) who between themselves didn’t add much offence. Rumour has a Q forward on the way but IMHO we could use an O/A D man..

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Potts?? Zero chance of that happening!!
I'd have to agree. Anyone have word on whether they're thinking of bringing back Thilander as an OA Import? Elite has him playing next year for Almtuna.

Arjay

May 25, 2011
In Barrie, we really have no OA decisions to be made, with Justin Murray (captain), Lucas Child, and Zach Mag wood. The only other holdover is Ben Hawerchuk..... need I say more?

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
For Hamilton it's a bit of a tricky answer.

On paper, Caamano, Bitten, Burnell, Saigeon, Studenic, Hanley, Gleason, Mattinen, Stillman and Fulcher are all possibilities, but realistically not so much.

Caamano, Bitten, Studenic, Stillman and Fulcher are all almost certainly AHL bound next season. Saigeon isn't drafted yet, but it seems unlikely he will remain so and I have to question if he'll be back with the Dogs next year. Mattinen was declined a contact from the Leafs I suppose there is a chance still he'll sign as a free agent, and I'm honestly flabbergasted that Gleason hasn't been drafted, so pretty much it's looking like

Burnell, Hanley, Gleason or Mattinen

If somehow Gleason and Mattinen both stay, I would presume Burnell will be the casualty there.

I don't buy Donofrio will be out in favor of another over age tender. He hasn't been in a lot, but when he has been in, he's been decent. It doesn't make sense for a team that is looking to recoup picks to spend currency to get a veteran goaltender. That said, I do feel Brunell is the odd man out here.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
I'd have to agree. Anyone have word on whether they're thinking of bringing back Thilander as an OA Import? Elite has him playing next year for Almtuna.
Stan said last week that they will be picking two imports, as Thilander is playing in Europe. Adam Dennis is apparently in charge of this endeavor.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Flint has three '98s from last year's roster.
Hakon Nilsen...well because.
Jacob Collins...most likely returns, but wouldn't be tough to upgrade here.
Max Kislinger...odds are that the team would like to get more production out of both the OA and the Import spot he's occupying.
Max is no longer an option. Signed with a team in Germany. At least 1 OA and Import slot open.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The Trout have the following candidates, on paper at least.
Cole Carter-RW, Ian McKinnon-C, Albert Michnac-C, Reagan O'Grady-D, E Vella-G.

Michnac would also be taking up a Import slot as well as a OA, doubt he returns. Vella depends on how the rumoured rule changes develop, but with The Trout returning Ingham and drafting Ranger, Vella would likely serve another team better if those changes do happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->