Trade: [NYY/SD] Jabari Blash for Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Very interesting.

The Yankees must have something place to get a 3B for cheaper than Headley. Or they really think Andujar is ready to play 3B but this is a team gunning for a WS, hard to believe they leave 2B and 3B to rookies/unproven starters.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Very interesting.

The Yankees must have something place to get a 3B for cheaper than Headley. Or they really think Andujar is ready to play 3B but this is a team gunning for a WS, hard to believe they leave 2B and 3B to rookies/unproven starters.

I think the ToddFather might be coming back.

Not a great player but he's got some pop, a reliable fielder and his intangibles are great. Fans and teammates love him. I wouldn't mind him coming back on a cheaper deal.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Definitely think this means we'll have The ToddFather Part 2, which I'm all for.

Headley was inconsistent, but serviceable for his time here. Wish him all the best.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
the yankees traded him to the angels on feb 21st

tumblr_ljmm9xImAs1qc3sgso1_500.gif

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
really questioned why they traded solarte and got headley back but its the padres so its my fault really

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
really questioned why they traded solarte and got headley back but its the padres so its my fault really
Many others considered the Solarte trade decent for the Padres, since Olivares has at least some promise. Headley produced almost similar WAR like Solarte throughout the last years, so doing the swap seems at least defensible from a Padres' persepective. I am more surprised that they gave up on Headley so soon without being nowhere near contention.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad