Trade: [NYY/KC] Andrew Benintendi for Beck Way, Chandler Champlain, and TJ Sikkema

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I assume that means Yanks are out on Soto. He needs to get jabbed for Toronto games.

Cashman needs to go all in on Castillo and bullpen arms
I think that's the smarter move. Benintendi + Castillo is a better team vs Soto. Plus probably take less assets as well(Yes Benintendi is a rental player) I was telling a co worker who's a Yankees fan and said I would rather have Houston face them with Soto vs them with OF upgrade on Gallo and Castillo.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think that's the smarter move. Benintendi + Castillo is a better team vs Soto. Plus probably take less assets as well(Yes Benintendi is a rental player) I was telling a co worker who's a Yankees fan and said I would rather have Houston face them with Soto vs them with OF upgrade on Gallo and Castillo.

I tend to agree. Pitching wins in October. They get Gallo out of the lineup forever

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Yankees only have 1 series left in Toronto very late in the season...

19th and 21st ranked Yankee prospects involved here.

Looks like he's been vaxxed.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
TBH, I probably would be an upgrade over Gallo. I bet I'd strike out less at least :laugh:

You're obviously joking but you made me realize how bad I want to see random people with no advanced baseball background take on major league pitchers going 100%.

They could tell them a changeup is coming and they'd still be hours late and not sniff making contact with any of the pitches. Seeing people duck/bail out and fall down from curveballs that break over the plate would be fun too

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You're obviously joking but you made me realize how bad I want to see random people with no advanced baseball background take on major league pitchers going 100%.

They could tell them a changeup is coming and they'd still be hours late and not sniff making contact with any of the pitches. Seeing people duck/bail out and fall down from curveballs that break over the plate would be fun too
I worked a fair one summer growing up and I was near the radar gun game where people would throw a baseball and try to guess their speed. It was amazing how many grown men could hardly get to 50.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Not only would I probably duck at a change up, I’d probably duck into it and take it off the ribs in a panic.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

Yep.

Even a 90 mph pitch (or around 132 ft/sec) requires less than 0.5 seconds to travel from the pitcher's hand to home plate. Within that time, you have to see the ball, judge whether or not to swing at it in the first place, orient yourself properly to swing at it and then finally swing the actual bat on target.

Hitting a baseball is extraordinarily difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad