Post-Game Talk: NYR @ WSH | 10/18/19 | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Glad to see Kempny back, we need him playing.

Much needed solid game from Holtby. Goaltending should be a big strength for this team and help cover up some defensive shortcomings. It shouldn't be a constant cause for concern.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
All over the league and all throughout the minors, there are guys who are "defensively responsible" but don't have offensive talent. Those guys don't win you a Cup. Those guys help you get to the playoffs and nothing else. When the Caps won the Stanley Cup, they did so in large part because they got scoring from guys like Conno (9 pts), DSP (8 pts but 7 goals), Beagle (8) Stephenson (7) and Bura (6 pts in 13 games)
Isn't Stephenson one of the players we are talking about.

Stop trying to make yourself seem smarter than everyone else by pointing out what is obvious, while missing what is important. Bottom 6 guys who can't score don't make a difference in the playoffs when everyone is defensively responsible. Teams need scoring from all 18 skaters to win Cups.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Glad to see Kempny back, we need him playing.

Much needed solid game from Holtby. Goaltending should be a big strength for this team and help cover up some defensive shortcomings. It shouldn't be a constant cause for concern.
I thought Holtby was solid. No bad goals. I thought he looked calm in the net. Cut down angles was square to shooters and did a decent job controlling rebound. He was technically sound. He is still our best goaltender.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I don't think Gudas was that bad? No goals allowed when he was out there, including on the PK. 4 hits, stepped up for his team when Kempny got hit.
If you want to pick some forgettable performances how about Kuzy and Eller?
To be fair, Kuzy played only 13 minutes. Also, also, he is playing with Hagelin and Wilson. That line doesn’t even make sense.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I don't think Gudas was that bad? No goals allowed when he was out there, including on the PK. 4 hits, stepped up for his team when Kempny got hit.
If you want to pick some forgettable performances how about Kuzy and Eller?
Gudas was on the ice for both goals against. What game were you watching?

Reactions: peterthegreat12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad