Confirmed Trade: [NYR/TBL] Ryan McDonagh & JT Miller for 2018 1st, 2018 2nd (Cond), Namestnikov, Howden & Hajek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Well, Lou won't blink....he's so old i'm not sure he can anymore....

Was just about to say that, people like Lou and Stevie Y who are rumored to be interested are ice cold. I wouldn't wanna be in a starring contest with either. Poile try to come off as charming but pretty astude but he traded away his 1st.

Reactions: Liferleafer

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If Rangers don't trade him I'm not going to be disappointed. I think right teams are struggling on what to give up, but come draft time teams can plan a little better. So if we can't get a good trade today, it's not worth taking "best package".

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Was just about to say that, people like Lou and Stevie Y who are rumored to be interested are ice cold. I wouldn't wanna be in a starring contest with either. Poile try to come off as charming but pretty astude but he traded away his 1st.

The difference with McD is that he is not a rental. Whoever deals for him has him for two playoff runs at a bargain price. Most GMs say they won't or don't want to give up a 1st for a rental. I can understand that, but if you see the rental as a piece that could make the difference in the playoffs you gotta go for it.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
What could the Pens offer that meets the criteria in here?

First round picks? I guess Pittsburgh could only get worse from here on out since they are at the top right now so a 1st rounder in 2-3 years might be something even if Crosby and co. are still good.

It's still a bit far-fetched, not sure if Pittsburgh has anything worthwhile for the Rangers.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The difference with McD is that he is not a rental. Whoever deals for him has him for two playoff runs at a bargain price. Most GMs say they won't or don't want to give up a 1st for a rental. I can understand that, but if you see the rental as a piece that could make the difference in the playoffs you gotta go for it.
All that may be true, but it's pretty obvious that the holdup here is the pricetag. Not saying Gorton is making a mistake, but i think it's going to wait until the draft.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Sprong/1st/Jarry

That is not a rumor, just three pieces that are valuable.
Sprong is okay, pick is likely 31 if they get McDonagh, we don’t need Jarry

Edit- they don’t have their pick this year so we’d have to wait until 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad