Confirmed Trade: [NYR/TBL] Ryan McDonagh & JT Miller for 2018 1st, 2018 2nd (Cond), Namestnikov, Howden & Hajek

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
As per the title, Bob McKenzie has said that Tampa are talking to the Rangers regarding Ryan McDonagh and negotiations are ongoing.

Would take a big offer from Tampa to get him. What do you think will be enough to pry him from New York?
1rst, 2nd, top prospect. Maybe another 2nd.

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
To TB: McDonagh, Stephen Fogarty, 4th
To NYR: Tyler Johnson, Taylor Raddysh, Cal Foote, 2nd

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
of course they are, and they should be, if he goes there I will be interested to see what the price ends up being. because he will carry a BIG price

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
New York and Tampa have an established pipeline between them so I could see it happening very easily.

I think it's first rounder, second rounder, one of Howden/Katchouk and a warm body like Peca.

These deals usually involve a large quantity of assets, and New York will also benefit by plummeting in the standings.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
“So those guys in particular are eminently available, but the Rangers have also let it be known they’re more than happy to listen on Ryan McDonagh, who’s got a year left on his deal after year. And on Mats Zuccarello, who’s not having a good year at all. Doesn’t seem to have the same energy and life in his game as he has in the past, but maybe a change of scenery would do him well.
But those two guys the Rangers need to make really good hockey deals because they are prominent players and there’s no absolute urgency to trade them between now and the deadline. If they don’t trade guys like that by the deadline, they’ll revisit it by the draft. But teams like Tampa might have an interest in McDonagh.

this is what mckenzie said
McKenzie | Rangers Not Constructed To Contend This Season

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I think that based on the fact that McDonagh is a number 1 Dman.

Looking at some big defensive trades that have happened in recent times:

Jones & Johansson
Larsson & Hall
Weber & Subban

It shows that an elite player will need to go back to NYR if it were to be a 1 for 1 but with Tampa going for the cup I dont see that happening.

Id say 1st Rounder, 2x 2nd Rounders, Hajek and Foote

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It'll minimum take a 1st and Tampa's best prospect. (Not sure who that is or how good they are)

The big problem is pretty much everybody knows Tampa's pick is likely gonna be 30 or 31.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
And that's fine. I'm actually not a big proponent of trading McD. I just think that's the kind of value it would take for Gorton to move him.
And maybe Mcdonagh is worth that to somebody. I just really don't foresee Yzerman ever selling that much of the future. That's what makes me think Mike Green is our more likely target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->