Confirmed with Link: [NYR/TBL] Lightning 7th round pick in 2015 for D Daniel Walcott

• Thread starter Yzlamic Preacher*
  • Start date

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
One thing to consider is the Lightning have some decent cap room next year and ANY veteran is gonna be begging to come to Tampa short term and play for a cup.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My thinking on the trade, if it's not just some lost bet between both gm's, is that Barberio is gone, Nesterov stays up and Masin stays in the O another year. The Crunch get DeAngelo next year but could use another offensive defenseman who's a lefty with Nesterov not returning.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
To NYR:
Martin St. Louis
2015 2nd Rounder

For:

Ryan Callahan
Daniel Walcott
2014 1st Rounder (Joshua Ho-Sang) [ended up trading NYI for 2 2nd rounders. Masin and Macleod]
2015 First Rounder

God damn, SFY killed it in that trade.

Last edited:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
My thinking on the trade, if it's not just some lost bet between both gm's, is that Barberio is gone, Nesterov stays up and Masin stays in the O another year. The Crunch get DeAngelo next year but could use another offensive defenseman who's a lefty with Nesterov not returning.

Good catch, that actually makes sense. Add a little upside to the trade and I really like it for us.

Some more infos from their Sb Nation side, the writer is considered the top NYR prospect guy out there (like BP I guess):
http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2015...2015-new-york-rangers-prospect-rankings-24-13
19 (27). Daniel Walcott, Defenseman, 20 Years Old, 2014 Fifth-Round Pick

The second-highest riser in my rankings, Walcott has built on his surprising rookie season in the QMJHL with a quality showing as an overager for the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada. A wrist injury sidelined him for a few weeks at the start of the season but has otherwise been a standout in the QMJHL. Walcott has been a true captain in every sense of the word for the Armada, and he has been the team's best player as they find themselves third overall in the "Q" despite not being highly rated by most pundits before the season; something he insisted would happen when I spoke to him before the season. Walcott has three goals and 22 assists in 35 games this season, which are very good numbers for a defenseman. And it's not as if his assist total is being inflated by the talent around him; the Armada are a strong team from top to bottom but completely lack any star offensive power.

What I love about Walcott is his versatility. Head Coach Joel Bouchard can't say enough good things about Walcott, and it shows in his deployment of him. CHL Stats estimates that he averages 31:55 of icetime every night, which is pure insanity and puts him second overall in the QMJHL among defensemen. Even if that number was completely off-target, from my time watching him I'd estimate he's good for 25-26 minutes per night at absolute minimum. He eats up a lot of even strength minutes and is matched against the opposition's top line. He's on the first unit of the PK and PP. He's out late in games whether his team needs a goal or is trying to protect a lead. He's an unbelievable skater and carries the puck well. He has a high hockey IQ in both ends of the ice. He's willing to engage physically and block shots. He needs to bulk up if he's going to hold up at higher levels, but I have no doubt he's committed to making that happen. At this point I think he's done enough to merit an entry-level contract and I'm sure he'll be pro in the Rangers' system next season.

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Why trade with anyone else when you can trade with the Rangers. :naughty:

Tmix

Jun 29, 2014
why would they do this ? do they rangers need contract space?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Lightning are so desperate for D they make make a trade before the finals. Hawks in 4 lululululz...

Seriously though this guy seems worth the flyer. Crunch need every bit of help.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
This makes literally no sense from the Rangers, unless if this kid really said he wasn't going to sign. He was a 5th rounder last year. Sure not a primetime prospect, but thats still not a bad spot to be drafted only to be traded for a very late 7th. Stevie stole another prospect. At the worst, it gives some more warm bodies for Syracuse to work with. Thats not a bad thing.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
yzerman giving the crunch some depth next year he is 20 can play in the ahl right away. I think we had three 7th rounders this year anyway could spare one lol

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
This kid has some nice scouting reports from his draft year.

A few scouts pegged Walcott as their biggest "sleeper pick".

Sounds like he has a good chance of having a sizeable role in Syracuse these next couple of seasons.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

i put this up on main boards yesterday does look like barberio is in a tight spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad