Confirmed with Link: [NYR/TBL] Callahan/2015 1st/Cond 2014 2nd to TBL for Martin St. Louis/Cond pick Pt.II

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
MSL played better than Cally has played all year, and that's coming from someone who thinks Cally wasn't a stone-handed 3rd liner over the past year and a half, the unfortunate HF maxim that went from serious assertion, to joke, to serious claim again.

MSL dictated play more than any NYR since Jagr.

Wolfy*

I feel sorry for Cally, he looked lost out there in a Bolts jersey.

It's brutal really, going from the NYR captain to a Tampa "rookie" :(

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
i think you can throw out corsi numbers for the Rangers while torts was here.

our possession numbers were terrible because we played the collapse D. we pretty much conceded territorial advantage the second we got on the ice.

Everyone should take notice that we played like this because we didn't take risks with the puck coming out of our own end (MARKE MALIK HELLLOOOOO!!!!). You get both good and bad with the other approch.

Anyway, lets all sit back and watch Torts coach one of the best teams in the league to a spot outside the PO's... Great coach eh'??? Edler goes from getting Norris votes to not beign a top 6 for Vancouver. Only in NY does get a job, I was about to say....

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Don't know if anybody else caught the Tampa game tonight, but man that was difficult. I don't think I can watch them again...not only to see Callahan in a different jersey but how good he looked. He was playing really well...So it goes.

wha ?

what game were you watching. he did nothing.

cant blame him but he didnt stand out, he didnt look good nor was he playing really well.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Everyone should take notice that we played like this because we didn't take risks with the puck coming out of our own end (MARKE MALIK HELLLOOOOO!!!!). You get both good and bad with the other approch.

Anyway, lets all sit back and watch Torts coach one of the best teams in the league to a spot outside the PO's... Great coach eh'??? Edler goes from getting Norris votes to not beign a top 6 for Vancouver. Only in NY does get a job, I was about to say....

Vancouvers been trending down for a while now. pretty unfair to judge em like that.

esp in the west wherever practically every team is better than all but the top 2 in the East.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
wha ?

what game were you watching. he did nothing.

cant blame him but he didnt stand out, he didnt look good nor was he playing really well.

LOL, um ok. He had a very good game, Tampa said they were impressed, he had 4 SOG, creating chances, and 4 hits. Go re-watch it, thanks!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Thomas Vanek may not re-sign in Montreal because he lives in Minnesota, but the other prize unrestricted free agent who was dealt at the trade deadline last week, Ryan Callahan, could stay in Tampa Bay. He wanted $6 million for six years from the Rangers in New York — he was never getting it — but nobody would be surprised if the second-line winger who reminds me of Kevin Dineen’s great work ethic signs a five-year, $25-million deal with the Lightning. There’s no state income tax in Florida, which means you can take less money, the weather’s great, there’s no pressure and Callahan can wear an alternate captain’s letter while Steve Stamkos has the captain’s ‘C’ on his sweater. “Ryan can take a test-drive there and vice versa,” said his agent Steve Bartlett, who says Tampa general manager Steve Yzerman is taking it low-key. “There’s no gun to anybody’s head. I love that attitude.” Bartlett concedes that the lack of state income tax is a carrot. “You can take 10-per-cent less in Florida than New York and have it be the same amount of money.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2014/03/09/short-shifts-5/

The Rangers offered Callahan that deal and he rejected it.

The no state tax in Florida could help the Rangers if TB re-signed Callahan. The Rangers would get TB's 2nd round pick in 2015 with the Rangers sending their 7th round pick in 2015 to TB IF TB re-signed Callahan. It would have to be more than 5 years and $25M. You could see the other Florida team offering more term and money than TB. Yzerman is a big Callahan fan so you never know. It would take at least 6 years. Callahan can get 7 as a free agent. TB can offer Callahan 8 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad