Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Rangers sign Morgan Barron to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Very intrigued by his potential.

I'm thinking somewhere between Bryan Boyle & Chris Gratton as realistic potential.

Which, for a 6th round pick, is a phenomenal return.

By all reports the kid has drive, so he will be a NHL'er. Time will tell what niche he carves out.

Gratton is probably a pretty good comparison, Boyle not so much.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If he can put up a couple 60 point seasons like gratton, that would be insane.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
If he can put up a couple 60 point seasons like gratton, that would be insane.

Hmmmm. Not really the same.

Gratton was TB's 1c those years which were not good years in TB. Baron wont sniff that role unless he goes nuts in a few years and shocks the world.

I'd say Gratton was in over his head there as well.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
One of my favorite prospects and the type of player that is a huge need for the Rangers. A heavy player with a high hockey IQ, tremendous defensively with the ability to create offense. Even if he's an elite 4th line player it's a huge win as the Rangers 4th line has sucked for years.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Different era. 40 point ceiling would be almost equivalent.

Didn't grattons 2 60 point seasons come in the dead puck era? lower scoring than the current era, I think.

For what it's worth, I don't believe barron will be a 60 point center. Hopefully 40 point guy! But era argument doesn't really work.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Didn't grattons 2 60 point seasons come in the dead puck era? lower scoring than the current era, I think.

For what it's worth, I don't believe barron will be a 60 point center. Hopefully 40 point guy! But era argument doesn't really work.
Indeed they did. Perhaps era is the wrong term. Style maybe better serves my argument. The game is faster than it's ever been and Baron isn't a burner. Dmen are all super fast and goalies are better. If he can be a 30+ point guy on the 3rd line that's a huge win for the Rangers.

Reactions: White Death 24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad