Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #22

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Petr Zamorsky won round 21. Troy Donnay is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves
10. G Brandon Halverson
11. C Adam Tambellini
12. G Mackenzie Skapski
13. D Conor Allen
14. RW Ryan Haggerty
15. LW Marek Hrivik
16. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

17. RW Richard Nejezchleb
18. C Steven Fogarty
19. D Tommy Hughes
20. D Daniel Walcott
21. D Petr Zamorsky

Petr Zamorsky
Defense -- shoots R
Born Aug 3 1992
Height 5.11 -- Weight 185

2014-15 Blues SM-liiga 25 3 3 6 18PIM

03_Zamorsky_Petr.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nicholls, Josh
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Mantha because nobody else is worth a 4th rounder.

Add Bourque because he's a solid AHLer and may still take a step forward to become an energy player in the NHL.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nanne. Kristo has skill but has no chance at being an NHL'er at this point.

Add Andersson.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ok, you finally wore me down. :). Mantha.

Add Calle Andersson, because of the physical tools and the fact that the Rangers brass must see something there to have given him a contract.

Ditto.
Mantha at this point better skater than Donnay.
-------------------

comments:
Iverson looks like he's closer to a vote.
Noreau I am very much pulling for

those are my current thoughts.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's a joke that kristo hasn't been voted in yet

Eh IDK, he'll be 25 next year and to me his game doesn't look close to NHL ready. He looks, to me, like a career-AHLer. And while some of the other guys on this list might not ever have even that level of success, there are still some guys with upside left. I voted for Kristo now, but I don't think he'll ever become an NHL player so I think this is a reasonable spot for him.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Eh IDK, he'll be 25 next year and to me his game doesn't look close to NHL ready. He looks, to me, like a career-AHLer. And while some of the other guys on this list might not ever have even that level of success, there are still some guys with upside left. I voted for Kristo now, but I don't think he'll ever become an NHL player so I think this is a reasonable spot for him.

You do realize this is only his 2nd pro season, right?

BTW these polls are flying by! I don't think we even got 40 votes last round.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Age is more important than pro experience. He still played hockey. Chara began playing hockey at 15, Hakeem Olajuwon first played basketball at 16, yet both quickly caught up. MCDonagh needed only a few games post college. Stepan none. A talented 24 year old who already has over a year of pro experience should be able to make the NHL. Kristo just isn't there.

As for polls, it's 24 hours, then next round. Otherwise we'd be voting until the end of the regular season.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Yes, I am completely aware. Maybe by the time he's 26 or 27 he'll be ready for the big time. Awesome.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kinda like PA Parenteau?

Sure, or Matt Moulson. Look, I get that there are guys that are late bloomers, or that are a little behind the "ideal" level relative to their age. However, for every guy like Parenteau or Moulson, there are dozens and dozens that don't make it. With Kristo, I see a perimeter player who doesn't do much in the hard areas, doesn't have an interest in the defensive side of things, and disappears for shifts or periods at a time. Everything about him strikes me as an AHL-lifer. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just my read on him.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
sure, or matt moulson. Look, i get that there are guys that are late bloomers, or that are a little behind the "ideal" level relative to their age. However, for every guy like parenteau or moulson, there are dozens and dozens that don't make it. With kristo, i see a perimeter player who doesn't do much in the hard areas, doesn't have an interest in the defensive side of things, and disappears for shifts or periods at a time. Everything about him strikes me as an ahl-lifer. Maybe i'm wrong, but it's just my read on him.

khl ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad