Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #21

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Daniel Walcott won round 20. Keegan Iverson is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves
10. G Brandon Halverson
11. C Adam Tambellini
12. G Mackenzie Skapski
13. D Conor Allen
14. RW Ryan Haggerty
15. LW Marek Hrivik
16. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS & SUSPECTS

17. RW Richard Nejezchleb
18. C Steven Fogarty
19. D Tommy Hughes
20. D Daniel Walcott

Daniel Walcott
Defense -- shoots L
Born Feb 19 1994 -- Ile Perrot, PQ
Height 5.11 -- Weight 168

2014-15 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada QMJHL 42 6 25 31 34PIM

nyr_78_daniel_walcott_ep.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Kantor, Michael
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nicholls, Josh
St. Croix, Michael

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Mantha because I don't think anyone else is worth a 4th rounder.

Add Donnay who seems to be having a good season in the juniors based on reports.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Voted for Mantha because I don't think anyone else is worth a 4th rounder.

Add Donnay who seems to be having a good season in the juniors based on reports.

I think Zamorsky has value equivalent to that. He's a 22-year-old puck-moving defenseman who has played--to levels ranging from excellent to average--in top European leagues. His play was enough to warrant ELC offers from multiple teams; it's not uncommon for a fourth-round pick to never receive an ELC, so for Zamorsky to have earned one is encouraging. He also looked good in the preseason. I think he's a real sleeper.

Add Bourque. He's the only one left that I can really see having any kind of NHL future.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Zamorsky, add Bourque.

Went with Zamorsky over the rest because he's simply proven more. A guy like Mantha could easily leapfrog him with a good season, but I see no reason to rank him higher until he's shown me something.

Add Bourque because, as nyr2k2 stated, he's the only guy on the add list that has even an outside chance at becoming a NHLer.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Donnay is one of those guys who is just a huge unknown at this point. He's gotten better in almost every statistical category, but is that due to being older, bigger, and stronger than the children he's playing against in juniors? The McDavid effect? Who knows.

Like many of these guys, he could rocket up the list with a solid first pro season, or drop like a rock with a bad one.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Donnay is one of those guys who is just a huge unknown at this point. He's gotten better in almost every statistical category, but is that due to being older, bigger, and stronger than the children he's playing against in juniors? The McDavid effect? Who knows.

Like many of these guys, he could rocket up the list with a solid first pro season, or drop like a rock with a bad one.

I suspect that like most big defensive defensemen, he will start in the ECHL next season and that will drop his stock in the eyes of most here. Even if he makes the AHL, why would his stock skyrocket more than that of Hughes? He won't put up points and, therefore, will be ignored.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Because Leslie decided he's our top prospect, people were voting for him. He sucked then, he sucks now.

I love reading Leslie's articles but that one was a head scratcher right from the beginning. Then again not many people thought he was going to be this bad.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Because Leslie decided he's our top prospect, people were voting for him. He sucked then, he sucks now.

Or maybe it was because he led the team is scoring in his first full pro season? How does a guy that sucks do that? Is he a complete player? No, that is why they are called prospects! I just can't get over the hate on this guy, former 2nd rounder in only his 2nd pro season who has shown some scoring ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad