Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Mackenzie Skapski won round 12 to become the third goalie in our poll. Richard Nejezchleb is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves
10. G Brandon Halverson
11. C Adam Tambellini
12. G Mackenzie Skapski

Mackenzie Skapski
Goalie -- shoots L
Born Jun 15 1994 -- Abbotsford, BC
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 19

2014-15 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 23GP 2.45 11-7-3 519 0.912

NewsStory1268-A549.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Went with Hrivik because he has the best chance to make the NHL, better than Allen IMO. I think he's ready for NHL duty. When we had injuries at forward, he was injured too, so he didn't get his chance, but the kid is ready for NHL duty immediately (again, subject to getting rid of the butterflies in the first couple of games, just as Fast needed to do). If you like Jesper Fast, you will also like Hrivik as a Ranger.

Add Mantha: he's huge (6-foot-5 225 pounds and will likely get bigger) and his skating ability is very good for a monster. Not sure how Fogarty, who's a very average college player despite being older than 90% of his teammates and opponents, is worth more than a recent 4th rounder. A big stay-at-home defenseman is worth more to an NHL team than a big forward with little offense.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Should be a close round. I can see people going with Hrivik, Allen or Haggerty, depending on what qualities they prefer in a prospect.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Went with Allen, based strictly on the fact that I was a big fan last year and, when I checked him out over the weekend, he looked good. As Beacon said, it was really a tossup between the three in HFD for me.

Add Zamorsky.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This is where the pool starts getting really thin.

I thought about Connor Allen. He's pretty much a guaranteed bottom-pairing D-man.

However, I'm going to go with Haggs, here. He's pretty much a guaranteed 4th liner at least, but he has the upside to be more.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For me Allen has the best chance of those remaining to be an NHL player--then Haggerty--after that I'm not all that hopeful about anybody except for maybe Zamorsky.

So add Zamorsky.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Went with Allen, based strictly on the fact that I was a big fan last year and, when I checked him out over the weekend, he looked good. As Beacon said, it was really a tossup between the three in HFD for me.

Add Zamorsky.

Not saying choosing Allen is illegitimate, but Hrivik is over 1.5 years younger and at least as good at the AHL level (hasn't had the chance to play in the NHL yet), so I went with him. Allen's development is likely very close to ending soon, while Hrivik should keep improving for another couple of seasons if he improves at the same rate as the average prospect. It's possible that Allen becomes a late bloomer and the other stops improving at 23, but since neither could be predicted, you have to assume that the younger player has more time to keep improving than the older one.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Off the board with Neives. Seems to be following a similar trajectory to Hayes. We knew he would be project from the moment he was drafted, and would take at least all four years of college to develop, but I think he has the highest ceiling of the remaining guys and he is having a good year at wing.

Add Foggarty

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Not saying choosing Allen is illegitimate, but Hrivik is over 1.5 years younger and at least as good at the AHL level (hasn't had the chance to play in the NHL yet), so I went with him. Allen's development is likely very close to ending soon, while Hrivik should keep improving for another couple of seasons if he improves at the same rate as the average prospect. It's possible that Allen becomes a late bloomer and the other stops improving at 23, but since neither could be predicted, you have to assume that the younger player has more time to keep improving than the older one.

I hear ya. If I'd had more caffeine when I voted and/or didn't have Saturday's game fresh in my memory, I might've selected either Hrivik or Haggerty here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad