Confirmed with Link: NYR/OTT: Namestnikov ($750K retained) to Ottawa for 2021 4th Rnd pick and Nick Ebert

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

“There’s a lot of teams around the league right now that are pressed up against (the cap),” Gorton said. “Maybe there’s an opportunity for us to take advantage.”

He’s hinting at taking on money to get asset(s) at the deadline this year. Starting to get it?
But again, everyone is talking about roster flexibility.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
My God, reading the last couple of pages has been like watching people on Twitter argue with an account they don’t realize is a Russian bot. :laugh:

@Machinehead a Russian bot confirmed?
You just don't get it.
PeriodicDependentCapybara-size_restricted.gif

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A cap move that costed Ottawa a 4th rnd. - not that they need another bottom 6 winger/center. :)
I dont understand Pierre Dorion why do they use draft picks for a 4 mil cap hit player while they are tanking for future.
It`s too hard to understand this GM and many have issues to like this team in Ottawa, because he seems so helpless.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Pretty sure the Rangers had a deal with Vlad and his agent that they would try to move him towards the end of last season or in the offseason. But the market never materialized.

As I said in the PGT, While Vlad skated pretty well in OTT, the rest of his game lacked the kind of fortitude you need from a vet. I think the exact timing of this trade had to do with a growing realization that it might be a struggle to get full effort from him. And how that issue could trickle down to other vets facing a similar situation and impacting the kids.

That all being said, I don't love that Strome and Kreider, who are in a similar position with the team, are playing with Kakko. I'd love at least one other player on Kakko's line that's going to be here past March.
If you put Jesper with those 2, we could call it "the lame duck" line. Right? That's what they call a manager or a coach that doesn't have a contract and probably will get canned or not extended, right?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
With Vlad gone now.......who is officially our "scapegoat". You know, the player everyone trashes and wants OFF the team?
Eg; Glass, Roszival, Redden. I know there are many Skeji haters, so is it he?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
With Vlad gone now.......who is officially our "scapegoat". You know, the player everyone trashes and wants OFF the team?
I don't Strome that answer................ I mean, I don't know that answer.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Skjei, or Strome if he doesn't start producing numbers. That would be my guess.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A cap move that costed Ottawa a 4th rnd. - not that they need another bottom 6 winger/center. :)
I dont understand Pierre Dorion why do they use draft picks for a 4 mil cap hit player while they are tanking for future.
It`s too hard to understand this GM and many have issues to like this team in Ottawa, because he seems so helpless.

The trade makes a ton of sense for Ottawa. Namestnikov is a valuable member to their team who can mentor Vitali Abramov who they called up earlier that day

Reactions: Ori

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
he had a pretty nice assist on the 2nd goal too. 2nd goal was an empty netter. Showed good patience. And it was against Tampa too so that must have felt good for him.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Regardless of his start with Ottawa, feel like a lot of people here trashed on Names for poor reason. Guy has always been a solid player. Don't think the Rangers deployed him correctly tbh, nor did he have a great opportunity here.

I know it was frustrating that he couldn't finish, but still.

Reactions: DutchNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad