Confirmed with Link: [NYR/NJD] Michael Grabner for 2nd round pick and Yegor Rykov

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah I don't really get exactly why Grabner has struggled there. Dude makes most of his own chances and you'd think he plays the straight ahead fast attack off the rush game they want, so maybe there's just some defensive responsibility that's keeping him too low in the zone, etc. I don't know.
Team mates probably don’t know how to use him properly, the stretch pass first mentality of AV’s system fits Grabner more than any player in the league

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Grabner doesn't always bury his chances, but he is fast, defensively responsible, and he can PK. Yea, he has a lot of empty net goals, but that's because you can trust him out on the ice when you're protecting a lead in the final couple minutes, and he'll net you a "free" goal to win the damn game.

Reactions: slovakia18

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
Grabs dropped off the end of last regular season, same as he's doing this year. It's easy to blame the move to the Devils and change of system, but there could also be a pattern involved. Do we know if Grabs has a history of starting out hot and slowing down considerably? I remember thinking he was going to pot 30+ easily last year and then he fell off a cliff. He redeemed himself in the playoffs, though.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Grabs dropped off the end of last regular season, same as he's doing this year. It's easy to blame the move to the Devils and change of system, but there could also be a pattern involved. Do we know if Grabs has a history of starting out hot and slowing down considerably? I remember thinking he was going to pot 30+ easily last year and then he fell off a cliff. He redeemed himself in the playoffs, though.

Someone posted an analysis of Grabner's production in the last two season. It showed that his production fluctuates in 15-30 games pattern. Prior to the trade he had a pretty good streak going that ended around the time he got traded. If Devils make the playoffs he might start producing again.

Reactions: Block More Shots

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Grabner's a counter-attack player. Thats AV hockey.

He can't play in a system that requires puck possession.

Devils play counter attack, but the main difference is they hound the puck a lot more. Devils try to pressure the puck carrier into making a mistake or turnovers. Rangers seem like they try to take away options and force players into certain areas of the ice and then pounce on bad passes or turnovers.

Grabner's ability to read and anticipate the play and jump passes seems to lead to a lot of his goals. His SHG in LA for the Devils was a good example of that. On top of that, Grabner also likes to jump out of the zone for a break as soon as he sense an opportunity. It's a bit difficult to do that with teammates you don't know all that well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad