Proposal: NYR/MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
I made the same proposal in march 2019. Think many Montreal fans thought is was a fair trade value. But most of them would not do it. Of course, a lot have changed since then. Montreal have signed Chiarot. Weber is out. Drouin did look much better before the injury. So Montreal will say no. And Rangers rebuild has come along way. Before they find an upgrade for Skjei, they most likely cant move him.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I made the same proposal in march 2019. Think many Montreal fans thought is was a fair trade value. But most of them would not do it. Of course, a lot have changed since then. Montreal have signed Chiarot. Weber is out. Drouin did look much better before the injury. So Montreal will say no. And Rangers rebuild has come along way. Before they find an upgrade for Skjei, they most likely cant move him.

Any trade proposal that has Drouin and Skjei as the base offer is a NO from the Habs perspective.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah, we’re happy with Drouin

Maybe it is for New York but Montreal has no interest in Skjei if the price is Drouin.
To be fair, every Rangers defenseman immediately improves when they go to a new team, so I wouldn't be shocked if they traded Brady Skjei and he actually did end up as a top-pair guy, lol.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To be fair, every Rangers defenseman immediately improveswhen they go to a new team, so I wouldn't be shocked if they traded Brady Skjei and he actually did end up as a top-pair guy, lol.

And we are supposed to take that as a selling point on Skjei? He'll be a top-pairing on your team because every NYR dman that's traded ends up super good.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
To be fair, every Rangers defenseman immediately improves when they go to a new team, so I wouldn't be shocked if they traded Brady Skjei and he actually did end up as a top-pair guy, lol.

Maybe you’re right but it’s a huge gamble still if the other piece going back is Drouin

Reactions: Steeler23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->